Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Aug 12-14...

sutz

Reaction score
Today's game first pitch at 5:10 pm PDT

Josh Sborz (0-0) (5.87) vs George Kirby (3-3) (3.40)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Julio and Casali activated. Torrens DFA'd and Kelenic sent down. Torrens finally got going and then we DFA him, but probably the right move as a lot think Casali is an upgrade there.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Julio says they need taller foul poles. Looked fair to me but umpire called it foul.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, Mariners just blew up their save opportunity. :LOL:

Love them add on runs in the 9th. :)

Crizilla

Reaction score
I remember he got off to a slow start when he first came I was unsure but every time hes been healthy hes getting the job done. Pretty stud 1-2-3 when healthy this team has...wew

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I was saying this last year when everybody was screaming to move him. We need to give him a 4-5 year deal.
People were also assuming Julio, Kelenic and Lewis would all be superstars and the M’s would hit on all their outfield prospects. Obviously that’s not the case. I would have no problem extending him.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
People were also assuming Julio, Kelenic and Lewis would all be superstars and the M’s would hit on all their outfield prospects. Obviously that’s not the case. I would have no problem extending him.
Yeah, who knows when JK will get his head straight and Lewis is looking like he may never be right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lewis problem is his knees are bone on bone. Has the talent but if you can’t run, you better hit lots of bombs.

JK is running out of chances, but the talent is still there. His head is his biggest issue, and he needs to close his stance a bit, he isn’t quick enough with his hands to get to the ball to be that open in his stance. Too much early wasted motion early in his swing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Also while they may have “missed” on Lewis and JK (so far), looks like they found a diamond in the rough in Haggerty to ease the pain of potential other misses.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I actually have more hope for Lewis than Kelenic. He has at least shown he can hit MLB pitching. My hope is he can become a solid DH. Kelenic looks like a bust to me. Outside of one month last year he has been awful. He can’t even hit .150. He is a guy who would mash in AAAA if they had it, but can’t play in MLB.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Also while they may have “missed” on Lewis and JK (so far), looks like they found a diamond in the rough in Haggerty to ease the pain of potential other misses.
Hags has been a pleasant surprise. Of course, it's only been like half a season so we don't really know, but with he and D-Mo as our utility guys, we have a pretty solid lineup.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Lewis problem is his knees are bone on bone. Has the talent but if you can’t run, you better hit lots of bombs.

JK is running out of chances, but the talent is still there. His head is his biggest issue, and he needs to close his stance a bit, he isn’t quick enough with his hands to get to the ball to be that open in his stance. Too much early wasted motion early in his swing.
He has a unique batting stance for sure, one that just looks... forced and unnatural. Nonetheless, I still have a bit of hope that with the right adjustments, he can finally be productive at the plate in the majors.