Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners Jul 31-Aug 2

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They had a chance to make the offense better, they blew it. YET AGAIN.

Great at bat by the big dumper though.

Echawks

Reaction score
really like cade marlowe in the lineup.. he is doing kelenic better than kelenic

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice inning, back up 5-3! Now, can Ty FINALLY get a clutch hit????

Julio steals home!! Wow. 6 unanswered runs. FINALLY some clutch hitting. Let's finish this and win this series!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Lets go. This could easily be a 13 game winning streak. Murphy and Teo combined 4 hits today. Why didn't they play yesterday? Good move to pinch hit Marlow though he should have started today.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ty damn near broke his wrist in a collision last year, and it caused him problems for the rest of the season, but he toughed it out.
He has All Star talent, but this while team has been struggling early this year.

But their month of July... They've been killing it!

Relax, and enjoy this team. I predict they'll make the playoffs again this year.
Firing anybody would only make this team worse, because there's no one available that can outplay any of our guys.
And...I predict Dominic Canzone is going to be a great player for us. We all will miss Sewald, but after coming off for a day, and seeing Canzone play, this was a good trade.

balakoth

Reaction score
He needs to spend a month in the minors.
So.. I get your point... but these stances never make sense to me... man was playing at a high level last year and been projecting upwards.. what is hitting against shittier pitching on people who are 28 year old minor leagues going to do for him?

Everyone talks this confidence.. but they aren't that dumb to think these sub par never going to make it pitchers while riding around ina bus and living in crap motels is going to some how make it "click" for them.

And if it does? Great, now they go back to real pitching and the timing is completely borked.

Taylor Trammel seems to be a great example.. of a guy who.. CAN play... but they cant seem to give reps; all while giving Wong 3/4ths of a season. Would have rather seen Trammel and Moore (I know he was injured) more of a shot..

We also probably should have given Cade a MUCH bigger shot EARLIER .. dude is taking this stick and RUNNING with it

balakoth

Reaction score
We had our Second baseman/ SS prospect and we traded him away.. for... I believe Castillo? Long terms projection seems like a bad move... though Luis is simply not "doing well" because of our issue scoring runs with the friggen bases loaded

You can watch Julio swing up and pull in like the HR Derby shots when he has RISP...

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Dbl steal called by Scott. Ph for Marlowe. So Scott won this game then right?

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Lets go. This could easily be a 13 game winning streak. Murphy and Teo combined 4 hits today. Why didn't they play yesterday? Good move to pinch hit Marlow though he should have started today.
Maybe they played better today because they got a day of rest. At least in Teo's case, that was his first game off this year. 🤷‍♂️

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def. playing their best ball of the season. At the minimum, they're making the gap til football a lot easier :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Eugenio Suarez followed with a run-scoring single, and he and Rodriguez pulled off a double steal to cap the Mariners' comeback from a three-run deficit.
(Announcers: "Why is Suarez trying to steal a base? He's not fast!" Servais: "Because I told him to, and he pulled it off perfectly by stopping part way, and making himself look like an easy target. Too good for the Catcher to resist!")

Rodriguez has a career-high, 27-game on-base streak, the longest active streak in the majors. The stolen base was his 25th of the season and the 50th of his career.

The Mariners, who sent closer Paul Sewald to the Arizona Diamondbacks at the trade deadline despite sharing the best record in the majors in July (17-9), are four games above .500, matching their season high.

Thank you Scott Servais. Canzone looks like a keeper.