Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Aug 12-14...

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
We should probably move all that talk to another thread. Meanwhile, we have a game today.

First pitch 5:15 pm PDT.

Marco Gonzalez (7-11, 3.98) vs Dane Dunning (2-6, 4.04)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We should probably move all that talk to another thread. Meanwhile, we have a game today.

First pitch 5:15 pm PDT.

Would rather have Flex pitching. They sent the wrong guy to the pen IMHO.
Hope “Good Marco” shows up today and proves me wrong.
Hope they got their hitting shoes on, need lots of runs.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Flex will be a great long reliever for those games where the starter struggles early. He could go in for 3-5 innings and hold things in check. I have more faith in Marco than you do, though. :)

DJrmb

Reaction score
I personally preferred the idea of piggybacking Kirby and Gilbert since they want to be careful with both those guys innings through the remaining regular season. Why not go Gilbert 3-4 innings then follow up with Kirby for 3-4 after him every 5th day? With that said if the choice was between Marco and Flex, I think Flexen is more suited for the bullpen (Marco is too much of a contact pitcher). Flexen should pickup 1-2 mph on his fastball coming out of the pen too.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Interesting choice to move Flex to the pen. I thought they were going to go with a six man rotation to give extra rest to Gilbert and Kirby. Either those young guys will be on pitch counts or they will have to skip starts every now and then. I don’t care how it is done, as long as they are fresh and ready to go by the time playoffs hit.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Change of schedule. It appears the game today in on Fox 13, starting at 4 pm PDT, which means it's directly opposite the Seahawks game. Kinda sucks.

First pitch 4:10 pm PDT.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Tonight's game on Fox at 7ET I don't remember Fox doing MLB games that late it was always in the morning and afternoon. Maybe it brings in more audience people want to see Julio.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Change of schedule. It appears the game today in on Fox 13, starting at 4 pm PDT, which means it's directly opposite the Seahawks game. Kinda sucks.

First pitch 4:10 pm PDT.

I know what game I will be watching!. The one that actually matters!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Mariners start much better than the Seahawks start!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At some point Winker is going to cost us games, he’s that bad in LF. Everything to LF is a hit. So far all four hits today have gone to LF. Three doubles and a single. I think a good LF turns two of those into outs and one is cut off for a single, the bloop may have got in.

I understand putting a bad fielder out there if they are mashing, but he can barely even hit.

Also wouldn’t put him out there in LF when Marco pitches. You need great defense behind Marco, he pitches to contact.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why wasn’t Marco taken out after the 4th? There goes another BP home run from Marco.

Don’t get the rope Marco is given to piss the game away?

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm just gonna chalk up Marco starts as probable loses moving forward (unless we can score a whole bunch of runs) and hope we can bounce back the next game. It sucks, but it is what is. Oh well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think they want Marco in the pen, not with his Sunday biscuits. It's gonna be a tough one with him.. maybe long long relief.