Boston Red Sox @ Seattle Mariners Jul 31-Aug 2

bileever

Reaction score
A slump? He has been bad for a year now. Nice guy, good on defense, but he is about as NON-Clutch as they come in 2023.
We can agree to disagree. He's hurting the team this year, not helping. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he leads the league in hitting into double plays. Rally killer imo.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. I agree he's been bad this year, but he's not the only one playing below his capabiity. The problem is that there isn't anyone besides JP (and Kelenic before he got hurt) who is playing at last year's level or higher.

My only point of contention is that I don't think the solution is to sell him for peanuts. I'd rather bench him than give him away. If there is a team willing to give us something for him, then great, but let's not sell low. And let's hope he can put something together to salvage his season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
And that my friends is why I'm still not sold on Scott Servais. The guy has no control over the team. There was no reason to have your guys go up there and swing away when the Sox pitcher cannot throw strikes. ANOTHER based loaded 0 out opportunity gone to waste. This kind of stuff is 99% on Servais anyone who disagrees is wrong. Simple as.

Crizilla

Reaction score
That's most likely game . Hope I'm wrong. Another loss on Scott.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That's most likely game . Hope I'm wrong. Another loss on Scott.
I think you are putting way too much weight on Servais. It’s not like the guy swung on a 3-0 count. Scott hasn’t been great by any means, but it’s not his fault that half the team forgot how to hit a baseball. It is just typical modern day MLB.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Then Scotty doesn't take Miller out when he's been taxed. Gives up another run. Lol.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I think you are putting way too much weight on Servais. It’s not like the guy swung on a 3-0 count. Scott hasn’t been great by any means, but it’s not his fault that half the team forgot how to hit a baseball. It is just typical modern day MLB.
Pathetic at bats all year with bases loaded no out. This time dude couldn't throw strikes Candzone swings at a ball and flies out. France swings at balls and strikes out. Then Ford swings at the first pitch. The team forgot how to hit you say? That's even more of a reason not to chase pitches like idiots. You don't need to be in 3-0 count to make a decision not to swing. Reality is in the first inning they panicked and started chasing. Only one guy in the dugout has the ability to control that. If you think I'm tough on Scott don't go to the M's FanTalk forum.

Crizilla

Reaction score
More Scott Servais logic: Have Ford and Rojas hit in the 8th inning with 1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Ford who has been cold lately (.188 AVG last 2 weeks) and is not a clutch base hit kind of hitter, and Rojas who just got to the team and hasnt played at all lately because of injury(?). Lmfao. Why in the world would Scott feel like Rojas needed 4 at-bats today? Unreal. Teo, Cabby, or Murphy should have been given those at-bats in the 8th. I don't care about lefty/righty match ups I usually do but not with this team.
Servais would bat a guy hitting .000 if it meant it was a lefty/righty match up. The fact Murphy and Teo got no at-bats today is a joke. Say what you want about Teo but he's been good with RISP. His only knock is striking out but since the Ms don't actually have any hitting mentors, that issue hasn't been addressed.

Also, in the 9th inning why is Julio swinging for the fences at pitches a foot off the plate with 2 out, nobody on base, and down 2 runs? It makes no sense. Stupid ass coaching staff oblivious to the situation and can't tell the kid to shorten up his swing or get on base via walk.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Pathetic at bats all year with bases loaded no out. This time dude couldn't throw strikes Candzone swings at a ball and flies out. France swings at balls and strikes out. Then Ford swings at the first pitch. The team forgot how to hit you say? That's even more of a reason not to chase pitches like idiots. You don't need to be in 3-0 count to make a decision not to swing. Reality is in the first inning they panicked and started chasing. Only one guy in the dugout has the ability to control that. If you think I'm tough on Scott don't go to the M's FanTalk forum.
People dont fact check nor do they care to. They listen what the loud, minority voices say. For example, You just said "pathetic At bats all year with bases loaded". Its what twitter and reddit all say too.

3rd Best team with bases loaded for runs scored and 3rd best with at bats. They are Top 3 hitting team with them full.

Also, you can be harsh on Servais. Its your right. Same for me defending him. I just like to have stats to base my thoughts. If servais sucked or was average, why would he be top 3 in manager voting the past two years by analysts? Why does he have the 2nd most wins above expected since 2018?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
More Scott Servais logic: Have Ford and Rojas hit in the 8th inning with 1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd. Ford who has been cold lately (.188 AVG last 2 weeks) and is not a clutch base hit kind of hitter, and Rojas who just got to the team and hasnt played at all lately because of injury(?). Lmfao. Why in the world would Scott feel like Rojas needed 4 at-bats today? Unreal. Teo, Cabby, or Murphy should have been given those at-bats in the 8th. I don't care about lefty/righty match ups I usually do but not with this team.
Servais would bat a guy hitting .000 if it meant it was a lefty/righty match up. The fact Murphy and Teo got no at-bats today is a joke. Say what you want about Teo but he's been good with RISP. His only knock is striking out but since the Ms don't actually have any hitting mentors, that issue hasn't been addressed.

Also, in the 9th inning why is Julio swinging for the fences at pitches a foot off the plate with 2 out, nobody on base, and down 2 runs? It makes no sense. Stupid ass coaching staff oblivious to the situation and can't tell the kid to shorten up his swing or get on base via walk.
Cabby sucks for the main part. So, you would have had a guy bat who has been awful. I do agree with u on Ford. Id probably have PH him with Murphy but not Cabby.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh look, Ty hits in to another DP. It's like clockwork. He officially leads the league now in hitting in to the DP.