Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners Sep 28-Oct 1

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I like Dmo but they can't play him as often. He's a career .208 hitter with an OPS barely over .700. They probably played him because they signed him to a 3 year deal before the season started. They are gonna play guys they pay (see Kolten Wong). Not having Hag and Cabby in the line up every day hurt.
Meh. DMo, Hags, and Cabs all had their off days going down the stretch. I actually like all of them, but they are eminently trade-a-ble as throw in players, if we find a 2B or an OF in the market.

People tend to forget we have some promising young players in the minors getting ready to come up. I suspect DiPoto is comparing those guys to any outside moves we might make.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
We’ve been waiting for “promising young players” for a couple decades. At some point when you’re the last and only team to never make the WS waiting is not an option.

At this point I would feel better with them trading the farm and going all in. Even if it didn’t pan out it would at the very least feel like they actually gave a shit about getting to the WS.

Unfortunately next years FA market isn’t great leaving them in my opinion with only one option that will give them a real shot at finally winning a division and being real contenders. And that option is Ohtani…

JP, France, Julio, Ohtani is a top of the lineup that could get them there. But after 40 years of futility I have zero faith this front office will do anything different. You can hear it in Dipoto’s press conference, going to be more of the same.