Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Aug 14-17

Crizilla

Reaction score
If Julio is clutch then anything is possible. Btw what in the world was D-Mo doing today? You have to bench him for that. Also you have to keep playing Marlow. Stop benching the guy please...

ivotuk

Reaction score
"The Royals have been one of the best hitting teams since July" don't have a link, heard it during the game.

DiPoto denied that Castillo was "pitching to contact" to go deeper in the game last night.

But what was Kirby doing today? Out after out came from pitches over the plate.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
"The Royals have been one of the best hitting teams since July" don't have a link, heard it during the game.

DiPoto denied that Castillo was "pitching to contact" to go deeper in the game last night.

But what was Kirby doing today? Out after out came from pitches over the plate.

The Royals have all been on heaters. They collectively hit over .350 during the homestead. They made contact more than 70% of the time on pitches outside the zone. They also hit over .300 with 2 strikes....Yeah it was like that. I'm not putting too much on the pitchers this series. They do have to make better quality pitches though.

I'm not mad about pulling Kirby. He's still only in his 2nd season. He threw over 100 pitches his last start and he got hit around a little in his last inning.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Royals have all been on heaters. They collectively hit over .350 during the homestead. They made contact more than 70% of the time on pitches outside the zone. They also hit over .300 with 2 strikes....Yeah it was like that. I'm not putting too much on the pitchers this series. They do have to make better quality pitches though.

I'm not mad about pulling Kirby. He's still only in his 2nd season. He threw over 100 pitches his last start and he got hit around a little in his last inning

I'm not mad about pulling Kirby. He's still only in his 2nd season. He threw over 100 pitches his last start and he got hit around a little in his last inning.
In reference to my post above, I think Salk was on to something when he said they might be "pitching to contact" to go farther in to the game because the Relievers have been over worked.

But, like you said, KC was hitting outside of the zone, which is pretty impressive.

I think George was supposed to "pitch to contact" also, because so many hits came from over the plate. Kirby is so young, and so accurate on the edges, that it wasn't surprising he struggled pitching over the plate.

The commentators kept making the point that the pitches were over the plate, and that the outs were coming from there.

In the last 30 days, the Royals are 2nd in the league in batting average (.281), just behind Atlanta (.287).

The Mariners are 6th, at .262.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The thing that upsets me are all the ignorant base running by our players. Dylan didn't even look to see if the ball had been caught. Inexcusable! I hope Scott is chewing their asses every time they screw up!

AND, I hope they get this out of their system before the playoffs!

Just an inning or two prior, KC misjudged a ball and it cost them. Moore should know better.

Listening to DiPoto, he said August is when players get fatigued. "6 to 7 weeks of Spring ball, then almost 6 months in to the regular season, with temperatures as hot as they have been.

But you get your 2nd wind in September when the temperatures drop and you're fighting for a spot in the playoffs."