Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Sep 22-24

raisethe3

Reaction score
I don't think the Mariners want to make the playoffs.

Chapow

Reaction score
SS is an idiot.. he keeps making lineups based on R vs L vice versa batters.. while Kelenic, Rojas and esp Candonze hit better or even against lefties while hitting better overall in those situations than friggen Moore Cab and Haggerty... what in the actual FFFFFFFF
Im missing SS knowing wtf hes doing.. and trying match up with lower end batters

Outside of Kelenic, all of those guys are "lower end batters".

Look at what Servais has to work with. Moore, Haggerty, Cabby, Rojas, Canzone, Ford, and for 2/3rds of the season Wong and Pollock. Then you have France who has pretty much fallen off a cliff and hasn't been much better than those guys this season.

Now compare that to what the Rangers and Astros have to work with. It's not really even close.

This team relies on elite pitching to win because overall we have a bunch of inferior hitters. If the pitching struggles, it's awfully hard to beat teams like the Rangers that have a lineup full of good to great hitters.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Loser franchise.

Also does anyone post or hangout at the other M’s forum lookout landing? Those guys are the biggest Mariner defenders ever. Like SS and the Root staff, they always try to spin some kind of positive. I rarely post there, but when I say anything somewhat negative they basically chase me out. I got banned today for basically saying the Mariners are playing like trash.

Crizilla

Reaction score
SS decision to barely play Hag and Cabby in September has come back to bite him in the arse. Kelenic has actually played decent since coming back. Nice OBP.

3rd wild card spot is still in reach everyone chill.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SS decision to barely play Hag and Cabby in September has come back to bite him in the arse. Kelenic has actually played decent since coming back. Nice OBP.

The craziest part about all this is we didn’t really lose any ground in the wild card assuming KC holds on today.

Chapow

Reaction score

If you're relying on guys like Cabby and Haggerty to be the heroes and save your season, you probably need to get some better players.

Welshers2

Reaction score
They literally don't care. They are going to end the season as 1-8 against division rival Rangers. Unbelievable. Players just want to go on vacation ti looks to me

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear SS and Root try to spin this after the game.

Chapow

Reaction score
And FYI, Cabby is awful against right handed pitching. He's hitting .188 with a .300 OBP on the season.

He's been a straight up dumpster fire over the past month against any pitching, hitting for a whooping .080 average and a .115 OBP.

Chapow

Reaction score
They literally don't care. They are going to end the season as 1-8 against division rival Rangers. Unbelievable. Players just want to go on vacation ti looks to me

Sure looks like they're trying to battle back to me, but it's kinda hard to win when your pitching gives up 9 runs. 🤷‍♂️

raisethe3

Reaction score
Back to back hits by Crawford and Rodriguez. RISP now. Let's go.

Crizilla

Reaction score
And FYI, Cabby is awful against right handed pitching. He's hitting .188 with a .300 OBP on the season.

He's been a straight up dumpster fire over the past month against any pitching, hitting for a whooping .080 average and a .115 OBP.
Sitting a guy with a 2.0 WAR and playing 2 guys with a 0.5 WAR ahead of him is dumb. Rojas and Moore get playing time all month but not Cabby. Cabby best OBP out of those 3 guys too. Makes no sense. Trust me it makes no sense. Every day player? Probably not. But he's MIA in September. Not smart. Moore has done borderline nothing his entire time here they should trade him but probably won't he's signed until 2025. 2nd base is a disaster for this team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think you’re defending Cabby way too much. He’s a replacement level player. And like the other poster mentioned, he really struggles against RHP. Let’s not forget he is the guy with two pretty big base running errors in the last month.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sitting a guy with a 2.0 WAR and playing 2 guys with a 0.5 WAR ahead of him is dumb. Rojas and Moore get playing time all month but not Cabby. Cabby best OBP out of those 3 guys too. Makes no sense. Trust me it makes no sense. Every day player? Probably not. But he's MIA in September. Not smart. Moore has done borderline nothing his entire time here they should trade him but probably won't he's signed until 2025. 2nd base is a disaster for this team.

Completely disregarding how badly he's been struggling over the past month because he has a better WAR and a better OBP on the season is just silly.

Again, Cabby is hitting for a .080 average and a .115 OBP over the past month. And again, he doesn't get playing time against RHP because he's terrible against RHP.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Loser franchise.

Also does anyone post or hangout at the other M’s forum lookout landing? Those guys are the biggest Mariner defenders ever. Like SS and the Root staff, they always try to spin some kind of positive. I rarely post there, but when I say anything somewhat negative they basically chase me out. I got banned today for basically saying the Mariners are playing like trash.
Yeah, if you’re not posting about Mariner Rainbows and puppy dogs over there, one is not welcome. No critical thinking or posting allowed over there.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Top of the line up 10 hits today bottom of the line up 3 hits. Scotty and Jerry too scared or for contract reasons won't bring anyone up to try and create a spark. Just gonna keep rolling with these guys. Bring on HOU now that the division is out of the question.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah, if you’re not posting about Mariner Rainbows and puppy dogs over there, one is not welcome. No critical thinking or posting allowed over there.
Yeah it’s pretty sad. That forum and the Mariners are meant for each other, they’re both content with losing.

stack55

Reaction score
I was on vacation for 3 weeks, what happened to Murphy?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Yes!!!

This is what I need.

Now I need the Mariners to sweep the Astros.

Latest posts