Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Aug 14-17

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
M's look like they are just going through the motions. Probably hard to "get up" for games like this in front of a nearly empty stadium.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Give the ump an RBI on that one. Perez should have been out on strike 3, called a ball and the rest follows. :mad:

Chapow

Reaction score
Sure would've been nice to pick up one or two of those 7 runners left on base over the past 3 innings.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We’ve left a lot of guys on base but there is no reason for the pitching and fielding to be this bad.

Blue Jays about to lose, we can pick up a game with a win.

Chapow

Reaction score
We can still win it, but damn, so many squandered opportunities from the offense in this one.

The last thing our bullpen needs right now is another very close one late in the game.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oof, Cabby. Gets picked off at 1st earlier, and gets thrown out trying to get to 3rd on a base hit in the 9th. Both times the M's had multiple base runners, and Cabby's outs ended the inning.

NoGain

Reaction score
Just a win. Not pretty, but a win. One game behind the Jays now.

Chapow

Reaction score
Thank God for that run in the top of the ninth.

Got the win. Obviously that's the most important thing.

I don't wanna play the Royals anymore. Not sure how much more of this I can take. Haha.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, not good for my blood pressure. :)

Good on Brash for shaking off that homer and closing it out.

Shot at winning the series tomorrow, day game. With a rookie catcher. :oops:

NoGain

Reaction score
At the moment, it's all about the Jays for me. We've got to get ahead of them. That's the goal. Playoffs. Anything else would be gravy at this point.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Let's ride Kirby to get out of KC with a series win to get momentum for the absolute huge series against HOU.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Let's ride Kirby to get out of KC with a series win to get momentum for the absolute huge series against HOU.
Unfortunately we are not set up well for the Houston series. We will start Miller, Gilbert and Hancock. I believe JP is eligible to return tomorrow, doubt he will. Hopefully he plays against Houston.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sewald has a high ERA in AZ because he had 1 bad outing in an extremely small sample size. 5 total appearances, 4 total innings pitched.

In his 2nd appearance he gave up 3 runs without recording an out. That's obviously going to result in a very ugly looking ERA with such a tiny amount of innings pitched for AZ.

In his 3 appearances with AZ since that 1 bad outing, he has given up 0 runs and has recorded 3 saves.

On the season, he has a 3.26 ERA and has 24 saves in 28 save opportunities.

AZ isn't going to DFA him because he had 1 bad outing.
No crap. I was more joking.