Los Angeles Angels @ Seattle Mariners Sep 11-13

Chapow

Reaction score
Can't handle September heat. The entire team looks lost. That's on the coaching staff. Go ahead and flame me I don't care this coaching staff is below average. Literally below average. Don't let one month fool you. They'll need to sweep Houston and Texas to get in.

Do the players really not bear any responsibility for not playing well enough to win?

Is it really Servais fault that Topa hung a pitch over the middle of the plate with 2 outs and 2 strikes?

Chapow

Reaction score
Welp, if Servais gets all the blame, then it only makes sense that he gets all the credit.

Amazing clutch 2 run HR from Servais to save the game there.

Chapow

Reaction score
This bullpen is just determined to find a way to lose. JFC, they've fallen so far off a cliff they can't even see the cliff anymore.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Nonsense, Chapow. Stop. Julio is an all star at what he does. SS, Manny Acta, and whoever the hitting coach is are not. I don't even believe you've been watching the games throughout the year. You undermine managing in baseball so much lol. The reason Ms even got hot in July and August was because of Dipoto mostly lol. He (temporarily) fixed the bottom of the line up. SS doesn't manage. There's no small ball when there needs to be. There's no nothing. There's just "hey batter up go swing away! Hope we win!".

The fact no coaches stepped in and told Kelenic and O'Keefe not to swing at every freaking pitch they see is just pathetic. There is no coaching going on. I don't see it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This team is imploding. I honestly thought we just ran into some decent teams on the last road trip, but now it looks like we are the problem.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This bullpen is just determined to find a way to lose. JFC, they've fallen so far off a cliff they can't even see the cliff anymore.
They’ve regressed. Perhaps they were playing above their stats before?

Crizilla

Reaction score
And of course, pulling Cal has bit them in the ass.
Yeah, he pulls his 4 spot hitter who's been hot and has had a good game so far. Clueless beyond belief.

Don't know who I'm sick of more right now, Petey and his defensive crew or Scotty and his "batting strategy directors" LOL!

He also pulled Hags in the 6th for a certain match up. Hags is a SWITCH HITTER. He would have been more useful later in the game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah, he pulls his 4 spot hitter who's been hot and has had a good game so far. Clueless beyond belief.

Don't know who I'm sick of more right now, Petey and his defensive crew or Scotty and his "batting strategy directors" LOL!

He also pulled Hags in the 6th for a certain match up. Hags is a SWITCH HITTER. He would have been more useful later in the game.
It was the right move to pinch run for Cal. The blame is on the offense for not being able to score with bases loaded and no outs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If I were there I’d boo this team just like I boo’d the hawks yesterday.

Crizilla

Reaction score
How about the Kirby thing few days ago? He wanted out of the game. Yet another example of Scotty not knowing his players. He just throws them out there like they're action figures.

Petey can't read an offense. Scotty can't read his pitchers.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Disappointing loss to be sure. Had the best bullpen in baseball for about 2 1/2 years and now it dies. 🤷‍♂️

Gilbert did his job and covered 7 innings.

Can't afford any more of these kinds of losses.

Chapow

Reaction score
Nonsense, Chapow. Stop.

What did I post that was nonsense and why was it nonsense? Be specific. I'm about 99% certain you either can't or won't. Prove me wrong.

Julio is an all star at what he does. SS, Manny Acta, and whoever the hitting coach is are not.

So? What does this have to do with anything I've posted? 1 manager from each league is the all star game manager each season. A lot of good managers aren't all stars.

I don't even believe you've been watching the games throughout the year.

Speaking of nonsense... Sure, I just post about what is actually happening in the games, while it is actually happening, but I'm not watching the games. What a bafflingly stupid comment.

You undermine managing in baseball so much lol.

What are you even trying to say here? How am I undermining managing in baseball? Do you even know what undermine means?

The reason Ms even got hot in July and August was because of Dipoto mostly lol. He (temporarily) fixed the bottom of the line up.

Dipoto didn't acquire Rojas and Canzone until the last day of July, so no, that wasn't why they started playing better in July. And while Rojas and Canzone were pretty good for us in August, trading away Sewald is starting to look like a full blown disaster. Our bullpen started falling apart not too long after we got rid of Sewald and they have slowly but surely gotten worse and worse ever since.

SS doesn't manage. There's no small ball when there needs to be. There's no nothing. There's just "hey batter up go swing away! Hope we win!".

Frankly, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. You have no idea what the coaches are or aren't telling guys. The manager and coaches can only do so much. It's up to the players to execute.

The fact no coaches stepped in and told Kelenic and O'Keefe not to swing at every freaking pitch they see is just pathetic. There is no coaching going on. I don't see it.

Another absolutely inane comment. You actually believe that a manager or a coach can control what pitches a batter swings at during an at bat. That anytime a batter has a poor AB, it's the managers fault for not "controlling their players" or whatever goofy nonsense you've said before. Obviously I understand that a manager or coach can tell a player to take a pitch (or pitches) or swing away, but that's about all they can do. Once a player is in the batters box, it's on them. There is literally no manager in baseball that can control an AB the way you expect SS to control his players AB's.

Chapow

Reaction score

Cabby is a far better base runner than Cal, it was the bottom of the 9th, and they would have won the game if they were able to get him home. It made all the sense in the world to put in Cabby to pinch run for Cal there. Literally every manager in MLB would have done the same thing. It was a no brainer.

It's mind boggling that you can sit there and say that was "clueless beyond belief" when it couldn't possibly be more obvious it was not just the right call, but that it would have been "clueless beyond belief" to not make that call.

Chapow

Reaction score
How about the Kirby thing few days ago? He wanted out of the game.

Yeah, this is BS. You make a claim like this, support it. Show me where Kirby said he wanted out of the game, but Servais wouldn't let him out.

Yet another example of Scotty not knowing his players. He just throws them out there like they're action figures.

Petey can't read an offense. Scotty can't read his pitchers.

And what exactly is he supposed to do when each and every guy he calls into the game sh1ts the bed?

Brash had a nice outing.
Munoz struggled badly, got himself into a really bad jam, but then was able to miraculously work his way out of it.
In extra innings Topa, Thornton, and Speier all blew it. Literally every guy he called into the game in the 10th and 11th innings had a poor performance. Topa and Speier are probably our next best relievers after Brash and Munoz, and they both sh1t the bed.

So c'mon @Crizilla, since you're so brilliant and know exactly what he should have done instead, what is Servais supposed to do when it seemingly doesn't matter who he puts in the game (aside from Brash) because they're all struggling?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
About to lose to LAA. If Mariners don’t make the playoffs Fire Dipoto and SS.
They need to fire their “bean counting” owner John Stanton who’s the root of the problem. You can fire the other 2 but will still have the same problems as Stanton is controlling the purse strings.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Do the players really not bear any responsibility for not playing well enough to win?

Is it really Servais fault that Topa hung a pitch over the middle of the plate with 2 outs and 2 strikes?
No. But casuals say yes.