Seattle Mariners @ Oakland Athletics Sep 18-20

Welshers2

Reaction score
The home stretch it is. Every game is a playoff game now. Got to get the one tonight and then the key division games to finish it out and decide who goes to the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Playoffs already started in my eyes. Every game is huge.
They are in the mix, period. A half game out of 1st place and tied for the 3rd wild card spot. This is fun and will be until the end.
Will they make it? Maybe. But they are NOT DONE.
Now, let's get the broom out this afternoon. I love the afternoon games the day before the get a day off. Then the final 10. HUGE.
They're playing baseball that matters in late September. I thought there were done, happy to be wrong. Now I'm just enjoying the ride. Much better.
It's nice to see the CHEATstros struggling so much. They lost 2 of 3 to the A's and the Royals. This thing likely comes down to the wire.

bileever

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that JP Crawford is third among shortstops in OPS, behind only Corey Seager and Wander Franco. Better than high-paid players like Carlos Correa, Trea Turner, and Francisco Lindor. He has 88 walks, 24 more than the next highest. And now that he's hitting for power (34 doubles, 16 HRs), I think you have to put him up there with the best. Plus he's more of a leader than a lot of the elite shortstops.

Chapow

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that JP Crawford is third among shortstops in OPS, behind only Corey Seager and Wander Franco. Better than high-paid players like Carlos Correa, Trea Turner, and Francisco Lindor. He has 88 walks, 24 more than the next highest. And now that he's hitting for power (34 doubles, 16 HRs), I think you have to put him up there with the best. Plus he's more of a leader than a lot of the elite shortstops.

I've said it here several times throughout the season, JP is, and has been for awhile now, one of our best players, but for whatever reason seems to be really underrated and just kind of under the radar. He's literally one of the best lead off hitters in baseball, and he's a very, very good defensive SS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've said it here several times throughout the season, JP is, and has been for awhile now, one of our best players, but for whatever reason seems to be really underrated and just kind of under the radar. He's literally one of the best lead off hitters in baseball, and he's a very, very good defensive SS.
This was the JP I was hoping for. He is having a real good year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bummer that the ASSstos got the walk up, but that's only their 3rd win in 9 games. TexASS won too.
Let's finish this one off and enjoy the day off boys.

raisethe3

Reaction score
There's the sweep. Now for the final 10 games! Like Crizilla said, this is what it comes down to. Buckle up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Get them brooms out. Bullpen should be nice and rested and ready to rock for the 10 game playoff. Yes, I see it as playoffs.

GO M'S!!!! The deb's probably hate this, but too bad.
Nice sweep, EXACTLY what we needed.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice way to polish off the sweep. Munoz throwing 100 mph darts there. Got thru the 8th on what? 10 pitches?

Rest/travel day tomorrow. 10 games against the two teams we're trying to catch all year. Texans have kind of had our number this year so far, but haven't been winning a lot lately. We have the tie-breaker on the 'Stros already, but still need 2 wins more than them to catch them.

Nice to see Kirby back on track. (y)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Well playoffs start now. Win each of these last 3 series and pretty much guaranteed to get in. Whatever happens.......this off season sign a bat!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not sure what to expect these last 10 games of the season. I could honestly see them going 2-8 or 8-2. Nothing surprises me with this team.