Seattle Mariners @ Cincinnati Reds Sep 4-6

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You're not wrong. My faith is about about 15 percent. Hopefully they flip it around again. I can't sugar coat what I'm seeing. Zero spark, and a horrific bullpen. This team all the sudden has no sense of urgency.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Fatigue. They are on a 10 game road trip with zero rest days. Sure, no excuses but facts are facts, especially considering the young kids who are on their first pro campaign. This is the time of year when having veterans like Marco and Robbie Ray would be really, really helpful. Just saying.

Hoping for a resurgence today.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They lost 2 of 3 to a crap Mets team, and have lost both games so far to a decent Reds team. They barely squeeked by the A's. This team is slumping big time. Just my opinon.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We need 7 strong innings from Gilbert today. I feel good about today and the upcoming series against Tampa, just a feeling, but think our big three starters step up big the next few days.

Still a lot of games left to be played.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF they win and at least get a split at TB, they should be in decent shape. Then again, Houston is red hot, so I just don't see us catching them. I'm going on the 13th and 25th. Hoping they are still in the mix, esp. on the 25th.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Fully expected us to bounce back today and we have.

Chapow

Reaction score
4 run lead, used Brash to get out of a jam in the 6th, need 3 more innings out of the bullpen. Now what? Pull a name out of a hat and pray?

Hopefully the offense can add on 6 or 7 more runs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Texas getting stomped again by Houston. This team might not finish the season above .500 at this rate. Anyone have their record since the all star break?

raisethe3

Reaction score
Texas getting stomped again by Houston. This team might not finish the season above .500 at this rate. Anyone have their record since the all star break?
Since All star break, Texas are 24-23. Not counting tonight's game. Wow.

Edit: I see, Texas getting blown out, make that 24-24 since the All Star break.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I like that SS is throwing Munoz out there in a low leverage situation. Get his confidence back up. The down side is he probably won’t be available tomorrow.

Chapow

Reaction score
I like that SS is throwing Munoz out there in a low leverage situation. Get his confidence back up. The down side is he probably won’t be available tomorrow.

I'm not sure if giving up a HR and a walk will help with his confidence or not. That slider of his used to be an elite pitch that was a hell of a weapon for him. Now it's a problem. I mean, he obviously can't just throw fastballs, but he's giving up a lot of hard hit balls on that pitch and has been for awhile now (including the HR he gave up today).

I'm just glad they were able to salvage a game out of this series and that the bullpen didn't give up a bunch of runs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not sure if giving up a HR and a walk will help with his confidence or not. That slider of his used to be an elite pitch that was a hell of a weapon for him. Now it's a problem. I mean, he obviously can't just throw fastballs, but he's giving up a lot of hard hit balls on that pitch and has been for awhile now (including the HR he gave up today).

I'm just glad they were able to salvage a game out of this series and that the bullpen didn't give up a bunch of runs.
He’s hanging his breaking pitches badly still. The homerun was on a “hit me” slider by the 9 hole hitter. If you watch his shoulders he tips (gives away) the pitch before he throws it. The hitter knows when it’s coming.

The guy has all of the arm talent in the world, it’s between the ears that’s the issue. You cannot be afraid by to throw your 100 mph heater, which is easily his best pitch.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hoping what we saw the last six games is the end of their mini-slump, and from here on, they start winning enough to win the division.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score

When I posted that it was before the HR and walk haha.

But yeah there is something wrong with him. Not sure what it is, but I’m all for using him in situations like this so he can fix it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Since All star break, Texas are 24-23. Not counting tonight's game. Wow.

Edit: I see, Texas getting blown out, make that 24-24 since the All Star break.
and they are 5-15 in the last 20. Wow.

Nice win yesterday. I had joked about how the bullpen didn't blow the lead AND Ty France actually got two clutch hits. Very Twilight Zone :)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
and they are 5-15 in the last 20. Wow.

Nice win yesterday. I had joked about how the bullpen didn't blow the lead AND Ty France actually got two clutch hits. Very Twilight Zone :)
They play Oakland next, if they can't win that series then their season is probably done. After Oakland, they play the Blue Jays in Toronto. It will be interesting to see where Texas is next week.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
He’s hanging his breaking pitches badly still. The homerun was on a “hit me” slider by the 9 hole hitter. If you watch his shoulders he tips (gives away) the pitch before he throws it. The hitter knows when it’s coming.

The guy has all of the arm talent in the world, it’s between the ears that’s the issue. You cannot be afraid by to throw your 100 mph heater, which is easily his best pitch.
Yeah, it takes a certain mindset to be a closer, and a strong killer instinct. The problem is that you never know if a player has that until you throw him in the fire. Munoz has the stuff to do it, he just has to learn that killer drive to throw a decent out pitch that doesn't hang like his has been doing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm legit scared to look at their record in 1 run games this year. Ouch.
Last year, they are money in close games. Win even half of those one run games we lost and we are sitting well in first place.