Seattle Mariners @ Oakland Athletics Sep 18-20

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just heard they were 4 for 33 with RISP against the Dodgers. holy hell

Come on boys, we gotta get the sweep. A MINIMUM of 2 of 3. This won't be some cakewalk. Just ask the Cheatstros, who lose 2 of 3 to Oakland, at home.

Echawks

Reaction score
ya this season is not ending in a way that is making me happy

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
It's not over yet. In many ways, we can still control our own destiny with 4 against the 'Stros and 7 against the Texans to play yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely not over yet. Feels like they are on a thread, but until they are eliminated, they are not out of it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They still control their destiny, but that can slip away if they don't kick it into gear over the next 13... it may be a little of what they need though too in order to make noise in the playoffs. If they go into the post season having basically played for their lives the past couple of weeks it could give them an edge on a team that didn't have to fight their way in and is trying to ramp it back up come playoffs

beastalamode

Reaction score
If we miss the playoffs by a game or 2, it's all on the ownership/ gm for giving Wong and Pollock 400+ abs this year

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm as pissed at the owners and front office as anyone for being cheapskates and not spending in free agency like all the fans and all the media assumed we would because it just made perfect sense as the next logical step to cement this team as a contender for the next few years. It still pisses me off that Dipoto doubled down and came out and said Seattle isn't a big market team and "can't" spend like the big boys (while they just pocketed more revenue than any other team last year)... lies...

However, I am really proud of the way this team fought through cheapskate owners and management and crazy injuries to still be right in it at the end and still have a chance to be in the playoffs. If you told me that we'd lose 3 starting pitchers (before the half) out of the rotation from last year plus multiple bullpen arms I'd have thought that was just too much to overcome. Woo and Miller have been incredible and beyond what any fans should have expected. I'm just praying that ownership learned a lesson finally and supports these guys with some FA $$$.

Chapow

Reaction score
Needed a stress free win and they got it done. Bonus is that Cal, Brash, and Munoz all got the day off.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice solid win, pretty much what they should have done. Castillo on the bump tomorrow. Let's hope he's back to form again.

Can you believe that Caballero homer? :oops:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice solid win, pretty much what they should have done. Castillo on the bump tomorrow. Let's hope he's back to form again.

Can you believe that Caballero homer? :oops:
Can we play Oakland every game?
Seattle would be World Series champs if that happened.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice win, great pitching, fairly easy victory. I iike it.
Very productive day w/TexASS and the Cheatstros also losing.
And we have the Rock going today. Nice

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As it stands, we are only a game behind Toronto for the 2nd wild card spot. And we are in a dead tie with Texas for the last Wild Card. This is gonna' be fun. Take a look at the records of Sea/Tex/Hou in September. All really bad. Just goes to show, anything can happen.
Sure, September has been brutal. But not just for the M's. Gotta' let that sh** go and move forward.

Chapow

Reaction score
As it stands, we are only a game behind Toronto for the 2nd wild card spot. And we are in a dead tie with Texas for the last Wild Card. This is gonna' be fun. Take a look at the records of Sea/Tex/Hou in September. All really bad. Just goes to show, anything can happen.
Sure, September has been brutal. But not just for the M's. Gotta' let that sh** go and move forward.

Good post. Always good to keep things in perspective. The Astros had a golden opportunity to take a healthy lead in the division, but instead, over the past week they've lost 2 of 3 to the A's, lost 2 of 3 to KC, and lost a heart breaker to the O's last night.

While September has been awfully disappointing for the M's so far, it's not even close to being over.