Seattle Mariners @ Chicago White Sox (Aug 21-23)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Julio was going to get at least one more day off at some point anyway. Who cares. Right now the team is playing well and the Sewald trade is looking pretty good so far. They are 31-13 since I roasted Servais and the hitting coaches. Coincidence? No

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty good game in all facets, pitching, offense of course, and defense. Nice way to start the series.

stack55

Reaction score
It was a big show! I like Julio batting 3rd.

i thought Castillo was was going to get a stiff arm
waiting for the top of the first.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Still in the first inning. This is the type of game where the mariners relax too much and let the other team back in it. Hope

One thing's for sure. No matter what Servais decides, fans are going to complain about it and act like it's the worst possible decision anyone could possibly have made. And it won't matter in the least how well it works out.

M's fans LOVE to complain about the lineup on a daily basis. Even when they've been one of the hottest teams in baseball for well over a month and a half, and the vast majority of those lineup decisions have been working out awfully well.
Yep some bad takes on 1st page. The 2 have a agenda.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Glad some softies put me on ignore. Bad take after bad take and then if u disagree and are right they do that.

bileever

Reaction score
Julio was going to get at least one more day off at some point anyway. Who cares. Right now the team is playing well and the Sewald trade is looking pretty good so far. They are 31-13 since I roasted Servais and the hitting coaches. Coincidence? No
Well, thank god you called for Servais's head, or we'd still be 10 games out of first.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, proud that I was way off on Servais. He's managing his a** off since July 1st.
That was a fun game last night. Good old batting practice for the M's, and FINALLY one that wasn't a nail biter. A couple touchdowns will work. Plus, a needed night off for Julio.
Not sure why everyone is freaking out that Julio had a day off. Nothing wrong with him taking a day off once in a great while. They scored 14 runs w/out him. Still a ton of baseball left.

bileever

Reaction score
I don't think people understand the absolutely phenomenal run the Mariners are on right now. On July 1, we were 11 games back of the Rangers in the division, and 5 games out of the last wildcard spot and behind Cleveland, Boston, the Angels, Toronto, Houston, the Yankees and Baltimore in the wildcard race.

Since July 1, we are 31-13, and 1 game ahead of Toronto for the last wildcard spot and only half a game back of Houston for the second wildcard spot. More importantly, we are only 2 games behind the Rangers for the division lead.

I hope y'all are enjoying this, because some of you don't seem to get it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Edgar and Ichiro are working from home buzzing into the dugout to tell the guys what pitches to swing at

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Edgar and Ichiro are working from home buzzing into the dugout to tell the guys what pitches to swing at
Hey if it gets Seattle a ring let’s do it. Manfred just slapped the Asterisks on the wrist and gave them a dirty look with no real repercussions. Worth the risk IMHO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
No Julio again today, sounds like he ate a bad meal.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Feck. They got this though.
Not going to be easy. Woo looks rusty. Cleavinger is a good pitcher. And White Sox might be motivated now that they made some changes in management.