San Diego Padres @ Seattle Mariners Aug 8-9

sutz

Reaction score
Quick 2 game series against the Padres.

Probables: Nick Martinez (5-4, 3.68 ERA) vs Logan Gilbert (9-5, 3.86 ERA)

First pitch: 6:40 pm PDT

ROOT TV KIRO 710AM radio

Padres having a disappointing season, but they're still a dangerous team with some skill players to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
LFG!!! Good pitching matchup. One thing is very clear about the M's: Pitching will keep them in most games.
I have a few on ignore, but I'm sure they are either 1. Quite silent while this team is as hot as any in baseball or 2. They are HATING this success.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
First and third no outs, and we can’t score. We got them right where we want them!

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't like Julio trying to steal 2nd base in the first inning. We had a guy on 3rd too. No outs. Didn't look like they were going for a double steal home thing again. It took away an at-bat when a simple fly ball or ground ball could have scored a run. I wonder if he ran on his own or if SS gave him the green light....

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Getting 2022 vibes.

Pitching was great again.

DMo playing much better, Swiss Army knife type of guy.

Ump was awful, bad calls going both ways. Glad it didn’t cost us.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Another helluva game tonight. Stranded a lot of runners, but got it done in the end.

Padres have some talent. Gilbert shutting them down (with some defensive and umpire help) is quite a feat. New personal best at 12 Ks.

Feeling the Good Vibes.

NoGain

Reaction score
With Hancock pitching tomorrow you might get one of those good rookie starts because there's just not much major league book on the guy yet. We'll see. Let's keep rolling.

Threedee

Reaction score
I don't like Julio trying to steal 2nd base in the first inning. We had a guy on 3rd too. No outs. Didn't look like they were going for a double steal home thing again. It took away an at-bat when a simple fly ball or ground ball could have scored a run. I wonder if he ran on his own or if SS gave him the green light....
Anytime you have a runner on third, it places added pressure on the opponent to stop you from stealing second.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Their pitching is just so good, if their offense can play like a top10 offense the rest of the year they will definitely make the playoffs

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just can't figure out why the Padres are hanging around with a losing record. We complain about our team and we don't nearly have the firepower that team fields.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Getting 2022 vibes.

Pitching was great again.

DMo playing much better, Swiss Army knife type of guy.

Ump was awful, bad calls going both ways. Glad it didn’t cost us.
2021 too. Just didnt make it.

Latest posts