stack55

Reaction score
I thought that was a bogus bock call on Munoz, I didn’t see it
even in the replay.

Chapow

Reaction score
I thought that was a bogus bock call on Munoz, I didn’t see it
even in the replay.

It was an incredibly nit picky call given the situation. I doubt that gets called more than 1 in 100 times. If they were being honest, I'd bet there wasn't even a single person in the O's dugout that thought it was a balk.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Got to keep everything in perspective.

We lost the series to the best team in the AL. Games two and three could have gone either way.

Sweep KC and I will feel a lot better.

I’m a little worried about the pen. Think the last couple days was the first time we missed Sewald. Anytime you lose a player like him, it will come back to hurt you. Nice to see Rojas and Canzone contribute though.

cymatica

Reaction score
Dumb decision to bring in Munoz when the O's just got to him less than 24 hours ago. Lol Scotty ejected.
That's the s#$& I don't understand. Scotty sure makes some of the dumbest decisions at the most inopportune times

Chapow

Reaction score
That's the s#$& I don't understand. Scotty sure makes some of the dumbest decisions at the most inopportune times

Who was the guy in the pen that was obviously a much better choice?

Sewald and Munoz were our best and most experienced high leverage relievers. Sewald is gone. You gotta either roll the dice with Munoz, or roll the dice with someone else that has much less experience in high leverage situations. So who should that be if not Munoz?

cymatica

Reaction score
Who was the guy in the pen that was obviously a much better choice?

Sewald and Munoz were our best and most experienced high leverage relievers. Sewald is gone. You gotta either roll the dice with Munoz, or roll the dice with someone else that has much less experience in high leverage situations. So who should that be if not Munoz?
You also have to consider Munoz blew it last night and it's still in his head, and it seems to be a re-occuring theme with Scotty.

Yeah, I know, I'm a negative Nancy.

Chapow

Reaction score
You also have to consider Munoz blew it last night and it's still in his head, and it seems to be a re-occuring theme with Scotty.

Yeah, I know, I'm a negative Nancy.

I'd have to imagine Servais is getting some input from Woodworth on who's good to go and who isn't. If Woodworth tells Servais that Munoz is good to go, you gotta trust your guy, right?

I mean, these guys are professionals. They've been pitching for a long time. They've all had rough outings from time to time and they've probably bounced back pretty well most of the time otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. Relievers aren't going to last very long at the major league level if they can't shake off a bad outing pretty quickly.

I just don't know which guy with much less experience in high leverage situations they obviously should have gone with instead. And apparently neither does anyone else since no one's answered the question.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thanks to Munoz the M's games and series win streak are over. Plus they are now on a 2 game losing steak.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wish Munoz could get more cut to his fastballs. Would be nice if they had more tail. I like his choice of using more fastballs than sliders but they travel too straight.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'd have to imagine Servais is getting some input from Woodworth on who's good to go and who isn't. If Woodworth tells Servais that Munoz is good to go, you gotta trust your guy, right?

I mean, these guys are professionals. They've been pitching for a long time. They've all had rough outings from time to time and they've probably bounced back pretty well most of the time otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. Relievers aren't going to last very long at the major league level if they can't shake off a bad outing pretty quickly.

I just don't know which guy with much less experience in high leverage situations they obviously should have gone with instead. And apparently neither does anyone else since no one's answered the question.
Yes, these guys are professionals. But remember, these professionals thought it was a good idea to use Robie Ray as a closer against the Astros in the playoffs last year, despite common sense and the metrics saying otherwise. Sometimes the professionals out think themselves

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ms suck in one run games and extra innings games this year. Why? Because they don't manufacture runs. They don't hit for average as a team. They almost never bunt. They have trouble with the 2nd base ghost runner rule. It's hope your starter goes deep and hope for home runs. If France doesn't get robbed they pull it off with back to back home runs. Thats the team this year though that's how they are built. Stanton should spend for a .300 hitter in the off-season but he probably won't.

I hate they benched Marlow for Hag in the 9th. All because of the match up even though Candzone who's a lefty literally just hit a home run lol. You bench our literal hottest hitter for a guy who's barely even played in the bigs this year. Soooo freaking dumb.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Yes, these guys are professionals. But remember, these professionals thought it was a good idea to use Robie Ray as a closer against the Astros in the playoffs last year, despite common sense and the metrics saying otherwise. Sometimes the professionals out think themselves
Who would have u used vs Yordan?

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I hate they benched Marlow for Hag in the 9th. All because of the match up even though Candzone who's a lefty literally just hit a home run lol. You bench our literal hottest hitter for a guy who's barely even played in the bigs this year. Soooo freaking dumb.
And tell me again how many years Marlow has been in the bigs? 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Summed it up perfectly.

That balk call.....close, but I don't think it was a fair call on Munoz.

Opinions?
I guess technically it was a balk or at least balk adjacent, but it was a nit-picky call by the ump.