Seattle Mariners @ Chicago White Sox (Aug 21-23)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I know you iike to rest your players, but why rest the hottest player on the planet?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Don’t think we will need Julio! Great start.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Their pitcher can’t throw strikes. Apparently he has one of the highest walk rates amongst starting pitchers.

balakoth

Reaction score
Hope this isn’t SS being stupid. If you want to rest Julio you DH him.
The man has been on a tear... JP is back give him a spell bring him back tomorrow

The question is.. where do you bat Julio when he hits the lineup again.... I love JP at lead.. but Julio has been RELISHING that position... such a hard lineup decision there

Feel like Scott was giving himself a day before the fan base killed him over his lineup choices heh

raisethe3

Reaction score
The man has been on a tear... JP is back give him a spell bring him back tomorrow

The question is.. where do you bat Julio when he hits the lineup again.... I love JP at lead.. but Julio has been RELISHING that position... such a hard lineup decision there

Feel like Scott was giving himself a day before the fan base killed him over his lineup choices heh
How about have JP bat 2nd?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Still in the first inning. This is the type of game where the mariners relax too much and let the other team back in it. Hope I’m wrong.
Usually happens.

This is the fourth game in a row Castillo has gotten big run support, especially early in the game.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I think I prefer letting Julio drop back to 3, or at least 2. More chances for him to hit with men on base, and he'll still likely get at least 4 ABs per game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

He’s your hottest hitter, DH him if you want to give him a day off since you pretty much said he’s available late in the game. I don’t remember Griffey or Edgar getting days off on the middle of a hot streak.

I like JP more as the lead off. JP walks A LOT. Let Julio drive him in from the 2 hole.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
OK, we can afford to give up a single run here and there and still stay out of trouble. :)

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think I prefer letting Julio drop back to 3, or at least 2. More chances for him to hit with men on base, and he'll still likely get at least 4 ABs per game.

The guy is one of the top categories in LOB.