Seattle Mariners @ Arizona Diamondbacks Jul 28-30

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Take 2 of 3.

Buyer/seller rests on this series supposedly.
I somewhat agree with this. But lets say we take 2 out of 3, and are still 4 GB of the WC, not sure that really helps define us as sellers or buyers. Unless we sweep, I don't see a scenario where we can be buyers. Sure we are only 4.5 GB but we have to pass 4 teams in the standings. I'm only buying if we can get players that would help for next season.

balakoth

Reaction score
I somewhat agree with this. But lets say we take 2 out of 3, and are still 4 GB of the WC, not sure that really helps define us as sellers or buyers. Unless we sweep, I don't see a scenario where we can be buyers. Sure we are only 4.5 GB but we have to pass 4 teams in the standings. I'm only buying if we can get players that would help for next season.
2 wins vs 3? Dont think it changes anything, unless the teams ahead of us fall off for a few days.. I dont see us making moves in any direction

Crizilla

Reaction score
Marlow gave us a spark but of course Scotty benches him today. Hopefully BP holds this lead.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Take 2 of 3.

Buyer/seller rests
That they will as well. Rn if they win they are 4.5 back of 2nd wc and 3rd. 6.5 of AL West.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice win tonight. 3 in a row and a leg up on winning this series. Always nice to win the first game of the series.

Gilbert with another quality start. Bullpen bent a little but didn't break. Sewald with another save.

Ty France with a couple of hits. Hopefully he's coming around. We really miss his bat this year. 🙏

stack55

Reaction score
The team looks pretty good when guys are hitting. Takes
some pressures off our young pitchers when they start ogo
with a 4 run lead.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Just keep winning series. The AL east is going to play each other a lot the rest of the way. Somehow only 6.5 out of the AL west lead.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Really should win tomorrow in a 10-7 type affair. Lol.

Then get greedy on 3rd game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Mariners are close to going on a tear. They easily could have swept both Toronto and Minnesota.

Offense has been a lot better.

I think 90 wins is what you need to make the playoffs, maybe even more. M’s would have to go 37-22 the rest of the way to get to 90 wins. It’s do able, but I think they dug themselves to big of a hole. Anything short of a sweep of Arizona and I don’t really want to be buyers.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
LOL... Ok... Per reports.. 1 win makes you buy or sell.. gotcha...

Thankfully no one here runs a baseball organization while they listen to sports media
JD said it basically. He also said this week was big on what they would do. Jd must gossip too. Lol

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners are close to going on a tear. They easily could have swept both Toronto and Minnesota.

Offense has been a lot better.

I think 90 wins is what you need to make the playoffs, maybe even more. M’s would have to go 37-22 the rest of the way to get to 90 wins. It’s do able, but I think they dug themselves to big of a hole. Anything short of a sweep of Arizona and I don’t really want to be buyers.
13 games vs kc/oak. If they go 11 and 2 vs those two, you need 26-20 record