Oakland A's @ Seattle Mariners Aug 28-30

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You have to be really bad to make the A’s offense look this good. I don’t complain much about Servais, but no idea why he chose our worst reliever to start this game.
Yeah we are definitely going to need JK. At this point Marlowe looks like more of a pinch runner and a late game defensive replacement type of guy.

Props to Cade though, he was a big part of the turnaround. But he has become the player most of us expected.
I think Cade will be fine. He just needs to adjust to the leagues adjustments against him. Totally normal stuff for young players

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Weaver needs to DFA'd..All that pitching and we pick up his ass?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, they were due for a clunker. But a throw in pitcher, no Julio or France? Clunker over. Still won 20 of the last 25. Just get that W today.
Can't win them all, just not realistic. Nice thing about a day game, get back to it quickly. Hopefully they come out pissed off. They sure did after that Royals series.

Chapow

Reaction score
Weaver wasn't good, but only gave up 3 runs and gave the M's nearly 4 innings. I'd bet that's about what Servais was hoping for out of him. The game was well within reach the entire game, offense just didn't get it done. We were never down by more than 3 and only down 2 the final 5 innings. Not gonna win many games when you get 1 run on 4 hits. Oh well. It was a weird night with the late scratches and whatnot. Hopefully the offense can get back on track today, with or without Julio.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Offense had 1 hit late in the game. Just wasn't their night. The part that did piss me off was that at bat by Cab. Just ridiculous. Bases loaded, pitcher just walked a guy, 2-0 pitch and he swings at a pitch out of the strike zone. Inexcusable. As a batter, and I don't care what level you're playing, know who is the one struggling. The pitcher couldn't find the strike zone. Make him throw a strike. It would have been 3-0, I highly doubt he throws 3 straight strikes.
It's either on him or he was told to swing away. Maddening.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Offense had 1 hit late in the game. Just wasn't their night. The part that did piss me off was that at bat by Cab. Just ridiculous. Bases loaded, pitcher just walked a guy, 2-0 pitch and he swings at a pitch out of the strike zone. Inexcusable. As a batter, and I don't care what level you're playing, know who is the one struggling. The pitcher couldn't find the strike zone. Make him throw a strike. It would have been 3-0, I highly doubt he throws 3 straight strikes.
It's either on him or he was told to swing away. Maddening.
Do we get to a point where Rojas becomes the everyday 2B or do we keep playing the lefty/righty matchups? Something that Servais may need to think about.

Mix

Reaction score
Do we get to a point where Rojas becomes the everyday 2B or do we keep playing the lefty/righty matchups? Something that Servais may need to think about.
I agree. As much as I like Cabby, it seems Rojas just has more offensive ability.

Use Cabby as your 2nd/3rd/SS rotation piece.

Threedee

Reaction score
Yeah, they were due for a clunker. But a throw in pitcher, no Julio or France? Clunker over. Still won 20 of the last 25. Just get that W today.
Can't win them all, just not realistic. Nice thing about a day game, get back to it quickly. Hopefully they come out pissed off. They sure did after that Royals series.
Our losses to the Orioles and Royals genuinely pissed me off. I was perplexed that we appeared to be starting our B Team against Oakland, so, I wasn't surprised it didn't go well. Some of my questions have been answered (like J-Rod), so, I am only mildly irritated.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score

Probables: Zach Neal (1-0, 6.88 ERA) vs Bryce Miller (8-4, 3.90 ERA)

First pitch: 1:10 pm PDT

ROOT TV KIRO 710AM radio

Hopefully no shock last minute scratches today and we can get back to business. We should still beat these guys most games even with a couple of starters out. Maybe keep Julio out one more day so he gets 3 days rest before the road trip. Apparently the Ty France contusion involved some significant swelling. Hopefully that calms down today.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was starting to get pissed. Absolutely, they look different w/out Julio. But you know what, suck it up and pound this pathetic team. Pretty sad when I'm yelling about a 3 run homer to tie it against a AAA team.
Just sayin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
What’s the word on Julio’s status?
Might have to rush Kelenic’s rehab if Julio isn’t on the field soon.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What’s the word on Julio’s status?
Might have to rush Kelenic’s rehab if Julio isn’t on the field soon.

They haven’t said a whole lot. Just the usual, he will undergo more tests and wait and see. If he doesn’t go on the IL in the next day or so that’s a good sign. They have tomorrow off so he will now have three days to rest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What the hell is with these guys the last 2 days? Wow. They look like they don't even care out there. What a kick in the gut if they lose 2 of 3 to a PATHETIC A's team. Just wow.

Latest posts