Oakland A's @ Seattle Mariners Aug 28-30

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's do this! As always, I'm hoping for a Sweep, but you still gotta' lace em up. One game at a time. Just keep piling up those W's now, because they def. have some tough games in September.

Last edited:

Echawks

Reaction score
Man Woo is killin it so far.. i know we are a spoiled pitching team but mad respect for what he is going

Echawks

Reaction score
it is going to be an incredibly incredibly difficult uphill climb through the mud and snow but if he keeps this up.. AL MVP is in sight

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see they didn't play down to the competition. :) Everybody playing hard and gving their A game.

Chance to set the record for wins in a month tomorrow.

Bryan Woo is wearing a Big Dumper shirt at his post game presser. :)

Echawks

Reaction score
Nice to see they didn't play down to the competition. :) Everybody playing hard and gving their A game.

Chance to set the record for wins in a month tomorrow.

Bryan Woo is wearing a Big Dumper shirt at his post game presser. :)
i am with you, this game scared me because old mariners would have lost this one

NoGain

Reaction score
Just wow. 7-0. Stand clear. They are too hot to even stand next to. Julio = superstar. I was waiting and waiting this season for him to catch fire and get clutch...and then this tear...it's breathtaking, and has become contagious to most of the rest of the order. What a player. What a personality.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doing what they are supposed to. Never apologize for a win, regardless of who you are playing. I'm digging the non-nail biter.
Julio is a flat-out beast. Always has been. This is a blast.
Julio is easily top 15 in the league, if not top 10. I do enjoy the crickets though..........

Last edited:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was at the game last night, seeing Julio run out those grounders to 1st was inspirational, the guy was taking nothing for granted. The top of the order is producing and they are solid in the field. I don't care who they are playing. Every other winning team in the AL West is sharing those opponents and besides, I seem to remember a sweep of the Stro's the last series they were here. If the Mariners take care of business now and hit that September stretch at 500 or even a hair better? They will be in a rare status for a Seattle club in October.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So far (knock on wood and all that) they have been very focused on taking care of business vs. the crap teams. Like you said, the other teams get to play these same opponents. Get those W's stacked up now. After how they played against a crap Royals team, though a scrappy team, I think it was a good reality check for them. Can't take anyone for granted. The A's are basically a AAA team, my god they are awful. Sounds like their owner is basically pulling a "Major League" movie type situation. Make the team as bad as they could be, put very few people in the seats, force your way to Vegas for the $$$$. I feel bad for the A's fans. That franchise has a hell of a history. Including making 3 straight World Series at one time. They have 9 titles.