Russell Wilson is Elite | I'm Putting the Nail in the Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I'll go on record as saying John Gruden would give 2 first-rounders and a blank cheque to sign Wilson for the Raiders, just in case anyone thinks the franchise tag is a safe way to go.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
LTH":3rrwycnm said:
Well... there it is... he must be elite!

LTH
It would seem . concrete iron clad post smh irrefutable undeniable hahaha oh .net your the bees knees

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":axuzndo0 said:
I'll go on record as saying John Gruden would give 2 first-rounders and a blank cheque to sign Wilson for the Raiders, just in case anyone thinks the franchise tag is a safe way to go.

If he was not dramatizing his rating of Wilson you may be right and they have 3 irst rounders this year in fact and could wheel and deal. All the noises from Raider Land this year from Gruden about Carr doesn't give me confidence he is really the guy they want there.

Msfann

Reaction score
A quote about Wilson from another forum "He drops those rainbows in there better than anyone, he's like a super accurate mortor."

chris98251

Reaction score
Just wish he could throw a decent deep ball, needs more arm strength to get it 70 yards in the air and 70 yards deep and a Air Traffic control coordinator to redirect Airplane traffic during games.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3mti4wiq said:
I just can’t see Russell agreeing to go there for any amount of money while Cable still has a job there.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1xg6l35k said:
KiwiHawk":1xg6l35k said:
I just can’t see Russell agreeing to go there for any amount of money while Cable still has a job there.

I don’t see Wilson leaving Seattle. Ever.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
chris98251":1ts58fhs said:
Just wish he could throw a decent deep ball, needs more arm strength to get it 70 yards in the air and 70 yards deep and a Air Traffic control coordinator to redirect Airplane traffic during games.
He can’t do it consistently on the road. Those domes screw up the trajectory.

LTH

Reaction score
After this game... After those beautiful rainbow passes, after the way Wilson lit it up tonight.... If you still think Wilson isnt elite than there is no hope for you... :rumble:

LTH

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I’ll admit it and I’m very critical of RW .that performance tonight was elite status no doubt

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1077018439359832064[/tweet]

Consistently having to work from within this framework makes what he does even more impressive.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1077017109606137857[/tweet]

He should follow Wilson's SOP and aim it a little short.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He balled out even though some idiots in the game thread called him a bone head for sliding before the marker on that 3rd down he came up like a few inches short.

I love how he protects himself. I don't want a Lamar Jackson like QB where you know it's only a matter of time.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_George/status/1077006750866264064[/tweet]

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ogvj8yl said:
When you are paying your QB 30M a year, you create holes in the team. (We are not paying him this, but we will have to)

You have lesser players at certain, often still key, positions.

Your 30M QB is supposed to be good enough to make up for that.

The problem is that is really hard to do. Aaron Rodgers screwed the Packers by assuring that they could not pay a defense and if they lucked into a great defensive player - they were sure to lose him as soon as FA appeared. Because a giant chunk of the money had to go to the QB.

We are not that bad off right now. But all the excuses people have made for Wilson are gone. He needs to win playoff games like elite QBs do. It won't be enough to constantly fling up moon shots, 3 and out, then have the defense repeatedly shut the door and then eventually have one of those moonshots hit. You won't just be able to hang around for 3 quarters and then suddenly start producing in the 4th - he is going to have to be the one that drives us for TDs against a good team with likely a good defense. That is how the playoffs work.

There won't be any room for excuses. And there should not need to be, he has shown he is more than capable of being great in stretches. We just need that stretch to hit during the playoffs.

Elite QBs do this. QBs on the tier just below that, do a decent job but there is always some reason they could not take that next jump. I have always contended that Wilson is in the 5-7 range, which I am happy for. Can he make the next jump and be a guy that wins us playoff games in spite of not having the all-everything defense he is used to? Now that he has one of the best running games in NFL, can he take advantage of that to beat teams with better records when it counts most?

All the reasons people gave for why he shouldn't be expected to produce CONSISTENTLY like the other elite QBs are gone - he needs to produce playoff wins outside of the wildcard games when HE is the lead horse. He has not done that since Lynch left. But he had no line and terrible coordinators. Now that is changed, so the results need to change too.

Which QBs do this outside of Brady in the playoffs every year? All those other elite QBs don't even make the playoffs every year and they don't make deep runs in the playoffs carrying their team every year and the years they have to carry their team that heavily, they usually end up missing the playoffs like 7-9 Brees years. They might do it for 1 season, but they aren't consistently single handedly carrying their teams deep into the playoffs every year.

I think my biggest takeaway from this thread is that people (it's probably the same for every fan base) grossly over estimate what other good QBs actually do from game to game and from series to series while underestimating what their team's good QB does. I'm not a Wilson is the best in the league guy, but outside of Brady, none of these other guys are doing anything more than him as far as winning games is concerned. The only thing he ever lags in for the most part is yards and attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.