Baltimore Orioles @ Seattle Mariners Aug 11-13

Chapow

Reaction score
That's just a good old fashioned best down right there.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Everything changed after dumping Wong and Pollack, and bringing up Marlow. When fans speak out change happens. I think they hold onto Wong the entire year if fans were quiet.
Yea...like they kept sewald for the fans....lol

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice way to kick off the series. Ryder with some rookie nerves, but got it done for a nice inning. Ty is starting to look like Ty again. Nice production from the bottom of the order, too.

We are now tied head to head with the O's IIRC, so we have a shot at winning the tie-breaker with them. ;)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Went to the game today, not much to complain about.

Seemed like Baltimore kind of waived the white flag by leaving their starting pitcher in that long. It was clear from the beginning he didn’t have it, everything was hit hard.

Nice to see Castillo look like an ace again.

NoGain

Reaction score
I like this match up too. Kirby's just got this quiet maturity, poise, and confidence well beyond his years. Talent too, of course. Our top three starters I put against anybody's. Along with a fairly deep bullpen (I hope the Sewald trade doesn't come back to haunt us), if we just get some consistency from our lineup at the plate, raise our runs-per-game average, we're a dangerous team.

That's why me and others b*tched about the off season. We were on the precipice of being a true WS contender with the addition of a couple of good bats, someone with a high BA/OBP, and someone who consistently drove in runs. They just got cheap and rolled the dice with what they had.

But let's see what we can do. There's no reason why we can't be a WC team again. Maybe even make a little late season noise out of the divisional race, though I'm not sure we have enough to achieve that.

Crizilla

Reaction score
"Everything changed" a month before they got rid of Pollock or Wong. They started winning a lot more than losing July 1st. They dumped Pollock July 31st, and dumped Wong August 1st. They dumped Wong because they acquired Rojas, not because of the fans.
That's true they started playing better in early July but I still think they hold onto Wong all year if fans weren't going nuts. Ms fans have been more outspoken this year we are expecting playoffs again. This is a new chapter

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Happy for Felix. He had a tough ending to his career here, but looks like he is happy, and looks great.

I kind of feel bad he got stuck on crappy teams his entire career, but he made a ton of money and will probably be known as the greatest M’s pitcher to this day.

Chapow

Reaction score
Trying to set a record for fastest game in baseball this season.