Pick #123, 4th Round: WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama

General Manager

Reaction score
His measurables are solid across the board played well for Bama I like this selection .

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Apparently we wanted him at our original pick, before trading with Cinci, and John thought we would lose him after the trade. Was ecstatic he was still on the board even after the trade.

kearly

Reaction score
Hands down my favorite pick in the draft. Polished, great hands, works his way open, ultimate possession WR, and good in the red zone too. I know the Bobby Engram comps are overused and I'm as guilty of that as anyone, but this guy is about as close as you will find to an age 30+ Bobby Engram.

Very surprised by this pick, there were some very physically talented WRs still on the board and Norwood is a so-so athlete that is pure polish. Great pick though. Sometimes it's good to be surprised.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I watch the highlights and he reminds me of Hakeem Nicks, at least in his rookie season. A guy with great hands who can stretch the field, line up anywhere, and will go up and get the ball.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":24ofmq7n said:
Apparently we wanted him at our original pick, before trading with Cinci, and John thought we would lose him after the trade. Was ecstatic he was still on the board even after the trade.

Playing with fire .....

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ziggyy108":n8xidggq said:
FortWorthSeahawk":n8xidggq said:

Playing with fire .....

Heh. It worked. THREE TIMES in this draft alone, from what we understand. That's some steel ones right there.

acbass

Reaction score
Remember in Wilson's rookie season when he threw a bunch of passes where it was 50/50? This is the guy that's gonna go get those this year. I think we really start throwing more than we ever have under this regime.

General Manager

Reaction score
Easily my favorite draft choice this year . He has great body control very good at tracking the ball and positioning himself to climb the ladder and make the catch . Excellent hands competes for the ball makes the tough catch in traffic . I think we have a good one here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The competition for the last couple of WR spots will be intense.

Safe:
Harvin
Baldwin
Kearse
Richardson

Will Compete:
Rice
Norwood
Lockette
Price
Bates
Matthews
Walters
Clark

I don't think they carry 7 WR's so .. Bring on the competition

etanate

Reaction score
Loved the NFL piece about him, especially at the 3:30 mark where he takes about preparation and watching film. He sounds like he's already ready for 4am film sessions with Russell!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
John and Pete sounded ecstatic that they were able to get Norwood, like positively giddy.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
They will be willing to carry 7 WR's if the last two guys will be contributing on special teams. All of Richardson, Norwood, lockette, Bates could be beasts on special teams, so I could easily see 7 receivers on the 53 man roster

chris98251

Reaction score
Thye say that he isn't a burner, neither was Rice, 4.65 and this guy is faster then that, remember if your prepared and smart you can overcome a 10th of a second with just decisions. besides 4.5 isn't really slow, just not trackstar speed, last time I looked these guys are not running in a straight line with nobody in front of them.

Also we have seen a lot of fast guys never do squat, if they can't get seperation or set a defender up to get open they end up watching on TV in a few years.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Definitely my "Adopt a Rookie" pick. Not as fast as Richardson, but also doesn't look like he should star on "Manute Bol plays football." I think he'll be a contributor this season.

I'm confused. How is being 25 years old a concern?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":wbclptfo said:
Definitely my "Adopt a Rookie" pick. Not as fast as Richardson, but also doesn't look like he should star on "Manute Bol plays football." I think he'll be a contributor this season.

I'm confused. How is being 25 years old a concern?

There isn't much time for him to develop and to be utilized. Consider Golden Tate as an example, he is 25 now and has been in the league for 4 years already. It took 3 years for Tate to develop into the player he is now. By the time Norwood learns how to be a polished NFL WR,etc., he could be on the decline. When his second contract comes up, he'll be about 29 or 30 (assuming he plays out his current contract) which is entering the wrong side of the age spectrum. Tate just got his 2nd contract and still has 5 years before 30. It's not a complete deal breaker, but obviously him being younger is better than him being older.

Latest posts