Pick #132, 4th Round: LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, BC

billio155

Reaction score
He plays like a SS. I almost felt like I was watching a shorter Kam, It will be interesting to see where he lines up.

Largent80

Reaction score
This guy is going to be around a few years. He is exactly what we look for in the LB position, fast, good insticts, and tough. 28 benches at 225?...Holy shchnikies.... :shock:

Remember we have contracts at LB coming up in the next 2 years, and this guy will be on a rookie contract. K.J. I hope you have a pro bowl year but Ima thinkin' it is your last here.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yeah, he's the guy Pete and John said they were the most surprised was still on the board at their pick. WOOT!

kearly

Reaction score
This was Pete's lump of clay pick this year. Definitely a pick with 2015 in mind.

I like his effort level, but he doesn't have a feel for the game yet. Actually reminds me a lot of Bruce Irvin at OLB, except Irvin looks bigger and faster on the field.

The regional scout who pounded the table for Kevin Pierre-Louis was adamant that this player would be the next Navarro Bowman. That's pretty interesting, since he's the very same regional scout who worked for the 49ers in 2010 and recommended they draft Bowman.

daveman918

Reaction score
Listen to this guys phone interview up on .com. Sharp kid! Knows the game IMO and can think. I really like this pick.

jake206

Reaction score
From Seattle Times

Schneider on whether Pierre-Louis will be a linebacker or safety: “He’s a Will linebacker. That’s what he’s played, he’s played out in space a ton. Yes, he’s a run and hit guy, a really good special teams player. Range, short-close, instincts, great kid. He’s rocked up. He’s just a great package kid.”

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
KPL is a more advanced (at the same stage) and even more athletic version of Malcolm Smith. This is great insurance for 2015 and beyond, as both KJ Wright and Smith will be UFA's after this season, and I expect at least one to sign a bigger deal elsewhere. It also provide insurance against Bruce Irvin not panning out at SAM LB (not that I think he won't pan out), as both Wright and Smith can also play the SAM position (and quite well, Wright in particular). And you can never have enough guys with plus Special Teams potential like KPL.