Matt Landers, 6' 5" WR

Jerhawk

Reaction score

According to CBS Sports, the Seahawks landed top undrafted rookie wide receiver Matt Landers from Arkansas.

6'5", although listed as 6'4" on NFL.com, he ran a 4.37 40 and 37" vertical. Anybody think he has a chance to make the final 53? I'm curious why he went undrafted.

He was a projected 5th round pick. Here is his draft analysis from NFL.com:

"Overview
Landers spent his first four seasons at Georgia, managing just 12 total catches before having a solid 2021 season at Toledo and then a stronger 2022 campaign at Arkansas. He’s still unrefined as a receiver, but his size, athleticism and potential as a ball-winner are noteworthy. He has legitimate build-up speed deep and his long strides help him separate. He’s a developmental prospect with upside and should hear his name called on Day 3 of the draft."

GGotskill

Reaction score
He struggled with drops and lapse of concentration when he was at UGA. He improved quite a bit ar Arkansas. Should push for the end of the roster.

toffee

Reaction score
Bobo's football IQ + Lander's physical package, wait, we already have that in DK :)

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
I just want the next Ricardo Lockette gunner. 6'5" seems big enough.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
He's got upside, but it seems like he's not always fully in control of his lanky limbs from the clips posted. I wonder how long he's been playing receiver, and how long he's been so long. Like, did he hit a crazy growth spurt when he got to college?
Exactly. Sometimes takes a person a bit to get used to their body. I remember in high-school about freshman year my feet grew like 2 whole shoe sizes or something crazy. I was super clumsy and kept tripping over stuff thinking my feet were somewhere else. Stairs were a beotch that year haha.