Matt Landers, 6' 5" WR

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
It was not contested. It was a terrible throw. Good thing the corner had now idea what was going on. Landers made a good adjustment to the ball. The made some moves to avoid tackles and score. If he continues to make plays...he will make the team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It all depends on the number of WRs they decide to keep. If they go with only 5, then with Landers and Bobo having a good showing, Dareke Young and Dee Eskridge should start getting worried. In Dareke's case he is hurt and he could be out for a while (sports hernia).

GGotskill

Reaction score
It was not contested. It was a terrible throw. Good thing the corner had now idea what was going on. Landers made a good adjustment to the ball.

Spot on. It amazes the stuff people say after a game. I mean, we all watched it, in no way was that a contested ball. DB is literally falling down five yards away when the ball is caught.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Holy cow guys calm down. You're right I shouldn't have said "contested."

He was in a battle with the DB and won the battle.

Sheesh. He made a good play and scored a touchdown. That's the point I was trying to make. Ridiculous how you guys want to harp on that one word

GGotskill

Reaction score

GGotskill

Reaction score
Wow man. Just...wow.

Came here in a good mood today. What a shame.

Whatever. You're right and I was wrong. I'll make sure to follow you from now on and dissect each one of your posts.

Cheers

Clearly I was poking fun, cheers.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Clearly I was poking fun, cheers.
Sure doesn't sound like it, especially when you start off being condescending.

I expect that from Jamescasey, was s bit surprised to see that from you this morning as you're typically more respectful. Suppose everyone's true colors come out eventually.

GGotskill

Reaction score

I expect that from Jamescasey, was s bit surprised to see that from you this morning as you're typically more respectful. Suppose everyone's true colors come out eventually.

Condescending? What? I disagreed with your observation of it being contested, not sure how that is being condescending. Either way, no harm intended. It was a fun play.

olyfan63

Reaction score

Sometimes people here jump on others "imprecision" with excessive enthusiasm and it comes off as unkind.
I would like to see a board where the norm is to jump on others "imprecision" with respectful and friendly "education" and "clarification".

There is a difference between "contested" and "...made an adjustment to the ball". I knew that what you meant was essentially, in the "battle" to find and adjust to the ball, Landers found the ball and made a great adjustment and won that "battle" decisively, leaving the DB grasping at air. Nice moves after the catch too, to get the TD.

olyfan63

Reaction score
On that Landers TD catch... Interesting too that Holton Ahlers had the confidence in Landers to just chuck it up for an underthrown 1v1 battle, believing in Landers to go get it. Must have been some chemistry/knowledge Ahlers got from TC practices, seeing Landers go-get-it ability. So props to Ahlers for being either lucky or good or a little of both. I'm going to give Ahlers credit for knowing it was a 1v1 and that Landers was a favorable matchup, with no safety help. If nothing else, Ahlers was fun to watch.

Also, Landers backstory is interesting. Gets recruited to Georgia, doesn't get on the field much, decides to transfer to Toledo ("Mud Hens", lol) where he knows he'll get lots of reps, then to Arkansas, to play against tougher competition. Then he does better with Arkansas than he did with lower-level Toledo competition. This is a guy who is committed, was willing to make bets on himself, take risks, do the work and find a way. I see why Pete and John made this guy a priority as an UDFA signing, from the classic "chip on the shoulder" standpoint.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
On that Landers TD catch... Interesting too that Holton Ahlers had the confidence in Landers to just chuck it up for an underthrown 1v1 battle, believing in Landers to go get it. Must have been some chemistry/knowledge Ahlers got from TC practices, seeing Landers go-get-it ability. So props to Ahlers for being either lucky or good or a little of both. I'm going to give Ahlers credit for knowing it was a 1v1 and that Landers was a favorable matchup, with no safety help. If nothing else, Ahlers was fun to watch.

Also, Landers backstory is interesting. Gets recruited to Georgia, doesn't get on the field much, decides to transfer to Toledo ("Mud Hens", lol) where he knows he'll get lots of reps, then to Arkansas, to play against tougher competition. Then he does better with Arkansas than he did with lower-level Toledo competition. This is a guy who is committed, was willing to make bets on himself, take risks, do the work and find a way. I see why Pete and John made this guy a priority as an UDFA signing, from the classic "chip on the shoulder" standpoint.
Very good observations. I appreciate you sharing these in a respectful and cordial manner.

Ahlers made me a bit nervous but he was fun to watch for sure.

Landers does have a unique backstory as you've said. He's faced some adversity. I'm pulling for the young man. He has unique size and potential breakout athleticism. He just needs to bring it all together. Footwork, instincts, gaining the QBs trust. No "MEs" as Lock would put it. No mental errors.

JSN appears to have it all going on. I hope Landers can add some depth to the receiving corps. I'd like to see Bobo and Landers on the team in order to learn and grow as the season unfolds, and take that next step in the seasons to come.

Or he may turn into another Kasen Williams. We'll see what happens.

Go Hawks

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Clearly you attempted to be an asshat and you succeeded. Congratulations.
I don’t see how he was being condescending. I watched the play, it was clearly a poor throw and the poster noted the WR made a good adjustment. Just because he noted “not contested” doesn’t mean he’s being condescending. People sure get their feelings hurt quickly.

mrblitz

Reaction score
qb just tosses the ball up, and the winnebago receiver yoinks it out of the air.

far north

Reaction score
If Metcalfe.locket and Njigba are gonna move the ball up the field why not have Bobo and landers for big redzone matchups and or if DK gets hurt