Pick #123, 4th Round: WR Kevin Norwood, Alabama

pcbball12

Reaction score
Only saw 2 games so I didn't give him a grade but my notes are all positive. Good speed to strtech field. Some of the strongest hands in the draft. High points and plucks really well. Basically, a slightly smaller, slightly less athletic Cody Latimer. Love the pick.

oasis

Reaction score
"Much like Keenan Allen in 2013, Norwood doesn't flash high-level explosiveness or electric change of direction on the field, but he is one of the strongest jump-ball catchers in his class. He has strong hands, very good body control, he tracks the ball well and times his jump. Many would say that these types of attributes are not teachable, which is why I rate Norwood higher than some."
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/4/23/5 ... f-the-tape

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Well there's the big WR some many wanted that hated the Richardson pick. Like it, we needed a couple WRs and the FO knew it

Don't judge a draft till its over!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Perfect guy for Wilson. Clutch and smart, perfect receiver to have for a QB like Russ that will be running around in the pocket my bama fan friend loves the pick for us

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Will be a 25 yr old rookie. Not saying that to be a pessimistic penis, just saying it because it's not been reported yet.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3pnnkjhn said:
Perfect guy for Wilson. Clutch and smart, perfect receiver to have for a QB like Russ that will be running around in the pocket my bama fan friend loves the pick for us
And,if you look at the 'Wilson in trouble' scenario, now you could have one guy breaking deep, and another guy getting open in traffic, stretching the D in both directions at once.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":ds0gka9x said:
Will be a 25 yr old rookie. Not saying that to be a pessimistic penis, just saying it because it's not been reported yet.
Mayock said he should be a 2nd rounder but his age would unnecessarily drop him.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Hawknballs":23lgxwfr said:

I agree, he knows exactly where to be when the play breaks down.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Not a burner. But good size, body control and hands.

Watch the catch at 2:50

[youtube]8Qg6xEdqtwk[/youtube]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Looks like we're going to start throwing the ball a bit more.

No more 'Wilson is a game manager'.

Easily our best 4th round receiver in recent years.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Absolutely love this pick...70% of his receptions went for 1st downs? He sounds like a bigger Doug Baldwin to me

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3estbhu5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3estbhu5 said:
A faster, taller Tate?

No......I don't see that at all.
What's a good comparison? Bobby Engram? A shorter Joe Jeriviscous? I ask because I have no clue about the guy. Almost sounds like Baldwin but bigger to me.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Only saw 2 games so I didn't give him a grade but my notes are all positive. Good speed to strtech field. Some of the strongest hands in the draft. High points and plucks really well. Basically, a slightly smaller, slightly less athletic Cody Latimer. Love the pick.