2nd Round, Pick #49 Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Veilside":3uerlfhx said:
This guy is going to make the Frank Clark coming out party this season that much sweeter.

Avril, Clark, Reed and Bennett :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/728263860893847552[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
May be a formality, but I still like to see it! My favorite rookie is officially a Seahawk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/728244509264498688[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
HawkFan72":20hoy98f said:
May be a formality, but I still like to see it! My favorite rookie is officially a Seahawk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/728244509264498688[/tweet]
This guy is going to wreak havoc for us for YEARS, and it's pretty damn cool.

McGruff

Reaction score
People keep calling Reed a run stuffer. I don't think that is quite the right term.

Vince Wilfork is a run stuffer. Laterdays Brandon Mebane was a run stuffer. They occupied blockers and generally just clogged things up.

Reed is different than that. He's a run defender. He actually makes plays in the run game. He doesn't just create opportunities for others, he makes things happen himself.

One NFL draft expert (can't remember who) said that Reed is already the best run defending DT in the NFL.

Basis4day

Reaction score
McGruff":3bfcjm0z said:
People keep calling Reed a run stuffer. I don't think that is quite the right term.

Vince Wilfork is a run stuffer. Laterdays Brandon Mebane was a run stuffer. They occupied blockers and generally just clogged things up.

Reed is different than that. He's a run defender. He actually makes plays in the run game. He doesn't just create opportunities for others, he makes things happen himself.

One NFL draft expert (can't remember who) said that Reed is already the best run defending DT in the NFL.

They're just trying to distinguish him from more pass rushing DTs like a JJ Watt or Aaron Donald.

crosfam

Reaction score
As a 2nd round pick on the standard 4 yr deal - would he be a RFA for year 5, or unrestricted?

Basis4day

Reaction score
crosfam":2fqtbyxm said:
As a 2nd round pick on the standard 4 yr deal - would he be a RFA for year 5, or unrestricted?

If he stays on the team for the 4 years he will be Unrestricted Free Agent.

RFA, since the most recent CBA, really only applies to UDFAs and drafted players that don't stick on a roster.

UFA: 4 accrued seasons and an expiring contract.
RFA: 3 accrued seasons and an expiring contract.

Since all drafted players automatically get 4 year contracts, they will get UFA status if that contract plays out.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The man noticed my 12th Man flag from the Selection Square podium on Day 2. Much non-verbal communication ensued. Adopt-a-rookie all you want, but mine was the first 12th Man flag he saw waving for him. :lol:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1mp1amke said:
The man noticed my 12th Man flag from the Selection Square podium on Day 2. Much non-verbal communication ensued. Adopt-a-rookie all you want, but mine was the first 12th Man flag he saw waving for him. [emoji38]
Nice!