2nd Round, Pick #49 Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Love this pick and the player. Wearing a Ms hat and hawks shirt weeks before the draft and had a bag of skittles already puts him in my adopt a rookie for the year. How cool is that??

Anyway a cheaper and club controlled DT to replace Mebane for a few years is so valuable. Would love to see if he has any pass rush that could be developed.

2_0_6

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gsm7bvr said:
Not a tremendous fan of DTs that cannot get any pass rush at all. I already had enough of that with Rubin last year..

Feels like we are just filling the gaps instead of shooting for the moon on this one..

He was arguably one of the best Run Stoppers in this entire draft. Him falling to us at 49 is a complete steal, I would have been happy with this pick at 31.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3kfug8b7 said:
I hate this pick. Bad trade value. Arizona picked a much better player. Same exact player as Jeff Feagles.

Jeff Feagles is a legend.

dogorama

Reaction score
The fact that we drafted a player who is the best run stuffer in the draft, but doesn't have a decent pass rush, just tells me that we are moving back to rotating defensive linemen like we did in '13. I like it, a lot.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Spending a second-rounder to wipe out any possible dropoff from the departure of the likes of Brandon Mebane? That's crazy value.

Especially when said second-rounder was supposed to be a first-rounder.

Schneider kills it again.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Great pic. If he can replace Mebane effectively, it's a total win. No question about it.
IMO, stopping the opponent's run game is highly effective in securing a victory.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1wq7d9wm said:
Spending a second-rounder to wipe out any possible dropoff from the departure of the likes of Brandon Mebane? That's crazy value.

This only works if he can do the belly roll.

Crizilla

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2eyew1m4 said:
Not a tremendous fan of DTs that cannot get any pass rush at all. I already had enough of that with Rubin last year.

Rubin was solid. Look at Mebane, too. You need to clog the lanes. Don't put all the pressure on LB's to stop RB's. This is football 101.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3o37ioj0 said:
MontanaHawk05":3o37ioj0 said:

This only works if he can do the belly roll.
You sir have it going on. This is a ridiculously good draft for us so far. Sorry if the serious fans don't see that you get the same.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":37mdavvo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/726264934619717632[/tweet]

Essentially swapped a 4th rounder for a 3rd rounder and got 'em both! Love it!

If those are the two guys they wanted with the 26th pick then no. Picked up a late third to drop down so basically got two first round picks (on the Seahawks board) for their one first round draft choice....

Players may work out or not the key is that the draft goes as hoped for and by these two alone it is better than they expected....

Seafan

Reaction score
dogorama":d5qbzr6q said:
The fact that we drafted a player who is the best run stuffer in the draft, but doesn't have a decent pass rush, just tells me that we are moving back to rotating defensive linemen like we did in '13. I like it, a lot.

You mean like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.....

kearly

Reaction score
I'd rather have a free agent like Terrance Knighton for $2.5 million per year than a similar player in the draft for a 2nd round pick. From a moneyball perspective, draft picks should be about saving money, and this pick saves less money than most of the other options would have.

That said, I do like the player. If Seattle just wanted to play it safe here than this was a good pick for that. I see this pick as hitting for par. You could do better, but you could also do worse.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
mikeak":r46xm55k said:
Seahawk Sailor":r46xm55k said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/726264934619717632[/tweet]

Essentially swapped a 4th rounder for a 3rd rounder and got 'em both! Love it!

If those are the two guys they wanted with the 26th pick then no. Picked up a late third to drop down so basically got two first round picks (on the Seahawks board) for their one first round draft choice....

Players may work out or not the key is that the draft goes as hoped for and by these two alone it is better than they expected....

True, but you have to take into consideration that we also gave up a fourth to move up and take Reed--ergo: the "swap" of third and fourth round picks.

All in all, a fantastic draft so far, though.

jake206

Reaction score
Best pick out all 3 rounds...potential plug and play player. Hopefully he can develop some pass-rush moves too, heard he only knows bull-rush. Grades out as best run stuffer DT in draft. I look forward to seeing him play next year.