Pick #45, 2nd Round: WR Paul Richardson, Colorado

Rocket

Reaction score
He claimed, in an NFL Network interview, to be timed electronically at 4.28... is that humanly possible?
Yesterday I read a lot of negative stuff about him that seems to be contradicted by reports today.
I revise my 1st round grade to be an A-.
To be continued.

titan3131

Reaction score
Chris johnson ran faster so why are you confused by it being humanly possible?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
I like Mike Wallace as a comp. Pete loves the whole trickle down WR effect. Just like how Harvin stretches the field horizontally, PRich will stretch it vertically. Middle of the field is going to be wide open for Baldwin, Willson, Harvin... This is gonna be fun. Love the pick. He could end up being a star.

Decimation

Reaction score
More weapons on offense for sure which is good to know. To me he looks like he has the potential to be a star. Good to know if Percy gets injured somehow next year he could be the guy to step it up.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":m3v20v4y said:
yeah, where is my 6'4 jump ball guy that we needed when we were struggling in the red zone last year?

Sidney rice

General Manager

Reaction score
Well if you just look at the measurable's alone he's very similar to OBJ and Marqise Lee , Lee at 6ft and OBJ Is 5'11 . He ran faster than both at the combine 4.40 to OBJ 's 4.43 and his other numbers are as good or better as well. This really isn't much of a reach when you break it down on paper. You have to give them credit for having the balls to take him he's not without risk, but he is a potential home run if he can stay on the field.

Hawks46

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3qi95cau said:
-The Glove-":3qi95cau said:
DavidSeven":3qi95cau said:
High school track times:

-Percy Harvin 100 meter 10.43, 200 meter 21.19
-Paul Richardson 100 meter 10.62, 200 meter 21.0

It shows on the tape. His top end is FAST. Players do hang with him at first though

I've been watching all the highlights I can of this guy. Granted, they're highlights for a reason, but from what I've seen:

As for the quote above, guys hang with him at first if they get a hand on him. He can be slowed down by a physical guy, but unless he's getting held, he ends up blowing by his guy. If he's allowed a clean release, he's gone.

He makes contested catches. I've seen quite a few catches where he has guys all over him. It seems like he doesn't like to get grabbed at the LOS, but once in the route he's ok with getting bumped, pushed and grabbed while trying to make the catch.

He runs through tackles when he can. There's a surprising amount of broken tackles from a guy who weights 161 lbs. It shows he's not afraid of contact. He eludes even more tackles. If he weighs 180 he's going to break more. We're not going to mistake him for Tate, but he's already smoother than Tate is now in his routes.

Regardless of highlights, he's not getting all his catches on post routes. I saw some screens, slants and some out routes. If Harvin does get hurt, we can see Richardson take his place in screens and such.

His acceleration at the top end is amazing. It really does remind me of Desean Jackson; he's at the top of a route and then creates even more separation. It's just so smooth and effortless looking.

The biggest concerns I have for him are:

Blocking. How well will he do ? As long as he's willing and doesn't hold, he just needs to get in the way on the edge. Baldwin and Kearse both mostly get in the way when the block. Tate is the only WR I've seen for us that decleats people.

How will he handle bump and run ? Most of the defenses in our division employ this quite a bit, and from his college tape, he doesn't like to be manhandled at the LOS and doesn't release well from it. I'm sure he'll get better at it going against our defense in a daily basis. I'm excited to see this kid play.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gonna really laugh if anyone calls this a "reach" now. People here were clamoring for Seattle to take Brandon Coleman as high as #32, and he's about to go undrafted. Can't base your judgments on where you think guys are going to go.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":aqy13vbo said:
I think the Seahawks should fire Carroll and Schneider and hire the naysayers on this forum to make our draft picks.

They obviously know WAY more about football, and how to build a successful Seahawks team, than Schneider and Carroll.
Hell to the YEAH!!, I hardly ever heard our draft picks names mentioned by our NET experts....We needed to draft all the players with names that were bouncing around for months, and months around here. :34853_tinfoil:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Rocket":1u8lm5cg said:
He claimed, in an NFL Network interview, to be timed electronically at 4.28... is that humanly possible?
Yesterday I read a lot of negative stuff about him that seems to be contradicted by reports today.
To be continued.
Darrell Green was timed at 4.24. So there have been faster NFL players, but Green was the fastest I've ever seen and this Richardson kid is just a fraction slower. Let's put it this way: He's faster than Galloway was.

General Manager

Reaction score
DavidSeven":361w7mu3 said:
Gonna really laugh if anyone calls this a "reach" now. People here were clamoring for Seattle to take Brandon Coleman as high as #32, and he's about to go undrafted. Can't base your judgments on where you think guys are going to go.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a reach . The question is did we get the best WR at that point and you had Latimer. Lee, Robinson, Adams all still on the board so lets not pretend like there weren't other good prospects there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
General Manager":hcqogac3 said:
DavidSeven":hcqogac3 said:

I don't think anyone is saying he's a reach . The question is did we get the best WR at that point and you had Latimer. Lee, Robinson, Adams all still on the board so lets not pretend like there weren't other good prospects there.

Plenty of folks said he was a reach. He was drafted #45, of course there were good prospects left. You could literally make the same statement regardless of who was drafted there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DavidSeven":tt55l1m3 said:
General Manager":tt55l1m3 said:
DavidSeven":tt55l1m3 said:

Plenty of folks said he was a reach. He was drafted #45, of course there were good prospects left. You could literally make the same statement regardless of who was drafted there.

Yes. You definitely could. But it wasn't the guy I wanted! /sarcasm

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":34rlk9w4 said:
Rocket":34rlk9w4 said:
To be continued.
Darrell Green was timed at 4.24. So there have been faster NFL players, but Green was the fastest I've ever seen and this Richardson kid is just a fraction slower. Let's put it this way: He's faster than Galloway was.
Galloway ran a 4.18 40.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/fastest-4 ... l-history/

General Manager

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3pn68lei said:
General Manager":3pn68lei said:
DavidSeven":3pn68lei said:

Who said he was a reach I haven't read many people on this board saying that if any.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
General Manager":1sg2t9b4 said:
DavidSeven":1sg2t9b4 said:
General Manager":1sg2t9b4 said:
DavidSeven":1sg2t9b4 said:

Who said he was a reach I haven't read many people on this board saying that if any.

Eh, not interested in naming names or digging through multiple threads.

Here's one with name omitted just for you:

I have a hard time believing this guy wouldn't be available in the 3rd or 4th round. Certainly at their next second round pick. I really wish they had picked a guy with some size instead of this guy. And now Latimer goes to Denver. That hurts.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeatownJay":qeqovopc said:
SalishHawkFan":qeqovopc said:
Rocket":qeqovopc said:
To be continued.
Galloway ran a 4.18 40.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/fastest-4 ... l-history/

Hand timed on that fast track. Electronic timed is all I will give credit too.

Rocket

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1tfh9nn2 said:
We don't cut the Rocket. To valuable on special teams... and he can play.

HEY... the Rocket's been cut before, it wasn't any friggin' fun and he had to lose his house to get re-signed.
So don't say that.

Rocket

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1vct2ao3 said:
Rocket":1vct2ao3 said:
To be continued.
It wasn't meant literally, it was a form of a superlative.
Joey was a freak, as was Randy... Moss was around 4.2 also, right.
I hope the 190 bulk-up works, otherwise he reminds me of Slim Jennings, which scares me.