Pick #108, 4th Round: DE/LEO Cassius Marsh, UCLA

sutz

Reaction score
BHF":3nquehna said:
Good tape, good measurables....possible SLB conversion?
Looks like he might follow in Irvin's footsteps. Do some situational pass rushing the first year, then work on positional skills. Then find a home at LEO/SLB maybe.

The kid could be versatile. He has attitude, apparently. At 250, he could be thought a bit light for a full time DE, but with his length he'd be a good weak side DE if he can stay in on run downs.

sutz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":37jybylb said:
Don't think he will be Leo prospect, more like mike Bennett. He's up to 285 right now, played all over the line at ucla.
I hadn't heard about the weight gain. Interesting, if true.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks announce him on twitter as "Cassius Marsh, LEO."

So there you go. No mystery as to where he will play.

BillHawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2v1rq79m said:
This guy will definitely bring some attitude, if nothing else. He's one of those guys you hate if he's not on your team.

Yes, hated this guy (for non-football reasons) when the Huskies played UCLA. Should be a solid rotational player and we'll see where he goes from there.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Best 3 cone and 20 yard in the draft for DEs. Can never have enough depth at LEO/SLB as well as potential pass rushers.

He will be a guy that can back up Irvin, Avril and Wright and play some strong side backer as well as LEO.

Love the pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":374x8qly said:
Don't think he will be Leo prospect, more like mike Bennett. He's up to 285 right now, played all over the line at ucla.
Link to his weight gain?

Ruminator

Reaction score
He ranks tops among our three picks so far in excitement factor, and it's not even close. Glad we were able to get him this late.

Seems like it's been a long time since we drafted anyone from UCLA. Or am I forgetting someone?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":12w6w1fo said:
Coug_Hawk08":12w6w1fo said:
Link to his weight gain?

I'm thinking he ate more food.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The guy looks very quick off the ball, and sheds blockers like they are nothing. Me likey! :)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fararr just said he's definitely not a LEO. Said the hawks will bulk him up a bit and pay him inside and out (5tech).

Marsh came into UCLA at 300lbs. Said the hawks loved his versatility and the fact they can move him around

A

Anonymous

Seanhawk":264iibcu said:
ImTheScientist":264iibcu said:
Coug_Hawk08":264iibcu said:
Link to his weight gain?

To have done this right, Sean, you should have set up a URL called "heatemorefood.whatever", and linked to it. :mrgreen:

sutz

Reaction score
I'm curious about the weight thing. Where are people getting these 285/300# numbers from? I mean the combine numbers are often a bit off, but 50 #? :187734:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1s2tnxw0 said:
Seanhawk":1s2tnxw0 said:
ImTheScientist":1s2tnxw0 said:
Coug_Hawk08":1s2tnxw0 said:
Link to his weight gain?

To have done this right, Sean, you should have set up a URL called "heatemorefood.whatever", and linked to it. :mrgreen:

It was from bob condotta on twitter, via player interview I beleive?

Just another nugget via davis hsu:
Marsh on Ian says Seahawks want to use him like Mike Bennett, outside and a 3T rusher

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3n22jy45 said:
Fararr just said he's definitely not a LEO. Said the hawks will bulk him up a bit and pay him inside and out (5tech).

Marsh came into UCLA at 300lbs. Said the hawks loved his versatility and the fact they can move him around

He was in the 250's at the combine. I don't think they know where he is currently at and just making shiz up.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
What off field issues? Google doesn't show anything but a game ejection and possible discipline for that.