Seattle Mariners @ Oakland A's Sep 20-22

ivotuk

Reaction score
A New Kelenic? I hope that Jared is able to stick in the majors now. Because we don't need no stinking Winker! I like the guy, but his skills have taken a dive!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Kelenic needs to be playing in the field ahead of Winker. Don’t care, no reason for Wink to be in the field if JK is hitting.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
JK started in left today with Wink at DH. JK moved to center when Julio was pulled for back problems and they put Haggerty in left. That says something, maybe.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like I said, NOT OVER! Happy for JK, he really needed this. And he's a damn good outfielder. I'm hoping Servais is paying attention. The fact that he started him in LF says a lot. Keep doing it Scott. Very strange to see Sewald in the game in the 6th.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This is the JK I expected. Small sample size I know. Maybe this is the confidence builder he needs and he’ll carry the team. We need someone to get hot especially if Julio is out any length of time.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Like I said, NOT OVER! Happy for JK, he really needed this. And he's a damn good outfielder. I'm hoping Servais is paying attention. The fact that he started him in LF says a lot. Keep doing it Scott. Very strange to see Sewald in the game in the 6th.
Sewald hasn't worked in 9 days. I'd be tempted to put him out there next inning, too, but they probably won't. Might need him in KC.

Throw Flex out there. He could go the rest of the way. ;)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
JK, Julio, Hanny, with Swagerty as the swing OF. Maybe we could live with that. ;)

JK, is a tough call. Looks good today, but we all know how that has gone. Kid has skills, but how long can he make them happen?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The team is showing some heart today. Much needed. Nice little 6 unanswered runs to get the 9-5 lead going in to the bottom of the 8th.

Last edited:

Chapow

Reaction score
Really needed that.

Sure would be nice if they could actually play like a playoff team more than once per series against bad teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Noticed a difference when Kelenic from when he was up before.
His stance was too open when he was up before. I noticed when he was sent down to Tacoma and started raking, he had closed that open stance.

With the open stance he was late to the ball because he had to close his stance as soon as he started his swing. Looks like he eliminated that hitch by starting with the stance closed.

Those 2 pitches he hit for the homer and the double were smoked.
He was either missing them or fouling them back earlier in the year.

Hoping he continues to hit like today.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Noticed a difference when Kelenic from when he was up before.
His stance was too open when he was up before. I noticed when he was sent down to Tacoma and started raking, he had closed that open stance.

With the open stance he was late to the ball because he had to close his stance as soon as he started his swing. Looks like he eliminated that hitch by starting with the stance closed.

Those 2 pitches he hit for the homer and the double were smoked.
He was either missing them or fouling them back earlier in the year.

Hoping he continues to hit like today.
I missed all of his plate appearances yesterday, but this is some of the best news I've heard in a while.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I missed all of his plate appearances yesterday, but this is some of the best news I've heard in a while.
He’s been doing it for awhile now. In Tacoma he hit .295 with 18 HR’s and 65 rbi. He just needs to consistently do it up here.