Seattle Mariners @ Oakland A's Sep 20-22

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
One thing I remember is thinking that JK's stance before he was sent down did not look natural or comfortable. He looked like he was perched up on the balls of his feet and didn't look like he had a good base to swing from. I know some guys do that, but if he's not comfortable within his stance I don't see how he can generate a good swing.

His stance looked more natural and comfortable yesterday. I was willing to trade him this summer, but if he can really get his head straight in the majors, he'd be a great OF for us. No denying the talent, he just needs his head in the right place. On the down side, it didn't look like he took the gatorade shower very well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One thing I remember is thinking that JK's stance before he was sent down did not look natural or comfortable. He looked like he was perched up on the balls of his feet and didn't look like he had a good base to swing from. I know some guys do that, but if he's not comfortable within his stance I don't see how he can generate a good swing.

His stance looked more natural and comfortable yesterday. I was willing to trade him this summer, but if he can really get his head straight in the majors, he'd be a great OF for us. No denying the talent, he just needs his head in the right place. On the down side, it didn't look like he took the gatorade shower very well.
Some guys like Buhner hit great with an open stance.
JK wasn’t quick enough out of it. Wasted motion equals wasted time when batting and when you have split seconds to react that’s the difference from being a AAAA player and an every day MLB player.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m tired of Tony Kemp beating our pitching staff like a rented mule.
He did the same when he played for Houston as well.