Seattle Mariners @ Oakland A's Sep 20-22

sutz

Reaction score
First pitch Tuesday at 6:40 pm PDT

J. Sears(2-1, 2.53 ERA)L. Castillo(3-1, 2.37 ERA)

With Castillo on the bump and if the sticks can stay hot like the last game in Anaheim, we should be in good shape. Would be nice to get on a bit of a roll to finish this road swing and bring home for the finale next week.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Enough of the negative thoughts, guys. We have a game to win.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Julio back, Winker is on the bench, and Haniger is a go too. They should come away with a W tonight.

O's are currently losing to Detroit as well in the 8th, go Tigers!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wow. When Ms are batting, Ump thinks the strike zone is about the size of an Olympic swimming pool. That called strike on a way high pitch to Haggery was pretty bizarre.

DJrmb

Reaction score
And France screwed on another bad call off the plate...

I can not wait for robo umps... I've said it before, but umps screwing teams over with bad calls is the most infuriating part of baseball. Glad it's going away, can't come soon enough!

I had grace for them before, when the technology wasn't available to do it 100% accurately for them. But now that we have the tech bad calls irk me even more. There's just no excuse not to get the calls right anymore.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Back to nothing but piss poor AB’s. Chasing shit out of the strike zone consistently tonight.

To quote Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) from the movie Major League: “ONE FUC.KING HIT?”

Last edited:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hard to win with inconsistant hitting.. Just so much pressure on our pitchers to perform at an optimal level as they know our hitting if for the most part anemic. We maybe playoff good, but that's about it. We definitly cannot hit good pitching consistently. We are the Seahawks of the baseball world, playoff good.

Chapow

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm saying this... but this team is in trouble.

4-6 in their last 10. 1-4 in their last 5 (against the Angels and A's). Scored only 1 run in 3 of their last 4 (again, against the Angels and A's).

There are only 15 games left. If they continue their current run of form (4-6 in their last 10), which seems very possible with the way they're playing right now, they'll go 6-9 over the final 15 games. That would put them at 87-75. Is 87 wins going to be enough to barely manage to hold onto the 3rd WC spot? I don't know, but they won 90 and missed the playoffs last season. Thank God they added that 3rd WC spot, I guess.

Chapow

Reaction score
Guardians and Tigers are trying to drag the M's into the playoffs, kicking and screaming. 91 wins guarantees a playoff berth.

They would need to go 10-5 in their final 15 games to get to 91 wins. That seems pretty unlikely at this point.