Seahawks D vs. Rams D (Investment to be 20th Ranked)

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
WE definitely had some bad drafts until the last two
Was that pete getting out of the way via jodi setting it in stone or was that J.S. just hittting his stride
I've always like js so i prefer to think pete was calling the shots but jodi said let the man do his job but in reality I have NO FRICKEN IDEA so there's that
As far as the D goes , I see a lot that could be improved from a coaching standpoint , it irritates the heck outta me to see our guys wait to see a receiver stop , make a catch and then tackle him as opposed to jump the route in the zone or cover him but for them to do it game after game all day long forever in perpitutuity , very frustrating
I actually enjoy takes by posters that oppose other takes as i always seem to find some part of both that holds some validity and truth but nevermind me , you guys just go on trashin , nothin to see here although both views ya'll have contain merit I.E. our drafting did pretty much suck for a while n the D could be coached better but what I know
Pretty much very little and thats not what she said lol

Yes, apparently I was "wrong" for thinking those drafts were bad.

These are the confirmed pieces to the puzzle:

-JS interviewed with the Lions, he was on his way out.

-A Seattle Seahawks Scout leaked to the media that Pete Carroll was Al Davis'ing drafts.

-How they used to do it: JS would present the players to Pete like a menu when their pick was coming up, and Pete would select what he wanted from the menu. Early years, that worked excellently and built the L.O.B teams. But as Pete's knowledge of the college players faded, they ran into problems. Reaching for need too much.

-JS Admitted publicly that they had to change their process on how they were doing their drafts. The Malik, and L.J. Collier picks in particular, were hard pills to swallow. And lessons had to be learned.

-----

This is educated speculation on my part as it has never been revealed publicly.

But fitting it together:

In fear of losing JS, both Judy and Pete (Pete is the head of the football organization, he is not just a coach.) Granted JS full control of the draft.

SINCE '22 (SPECULATION): JS runs the drafts, Pete gives input on what he wants, and who he likes, but JS ultimately pulls the trigger on who they actually take.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Not much. That is why you can't point any out.

And I got plenty more correct ones to post, but I stay humble.

I'm much more accurate than Cowherd, or most on this site for that matter.

Much easier for most to take shots from the peanut gallery. Than put themselves out there.

And again. My points in this thread are ignored, and the ad hominem attacks insue.

Address the issues I raised in the OP. I'm wrong all the time apparently so it should be easy.
You ended this by saying you’re humble. That is everything you’re not. You spew stuff and then fluff what you got correct, while ignoring all that you got wrong. A narcissist?

LTH

Reaction score
Don't care. Just argue against my points.

If they are are so wrong, they should easily be refuted.
Be carefully.... I feel a Alex Jones rant coming... LMAO!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
However, long term, I was correct. As Geno isn't the guy, and pretty much everyone in all camps wants them to Draft a QB to replace him PRONTO.
No you weren't. You soon rescinded those takes in favor of a Geno-praise approach, making you double-wrong by your own current logic. Listing off your other predictions to anoint yourself as some sort of Nostradamus and calling yourself more accurate than most other posters while also calling that "humble" is why the roasts flow in. It's crazy.

You said he was horrible going into 2022, you rescinded it and called him a BAMF, and then you rescinded that and called your initial take correct despite the fact that even his regression leaves him playing better football than you originally said he was capable of. They're 6-3, and Geno is playing roughly average-starter ball. There hasn't been a correct prediction on the Geno front yet!

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Geno has a higher NFL ranking than Russ, still pretty close though.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
No you weren't. You soon rescinded those takes in favor of a Geno-praise approach, making you double-wrong by your own current logic. Listing off your other predictions to anoint yourself as some sort of Nostradamus and calling yourself more accurate than most other posters while also calling that "humble" is why the roasts flow in. It's crazy.

You said he was horrible going into 2022, you rescinded it and called him a BAMF, and then you rescinded that and called your initial take correct despite the fact that even his regression leaves him playing better football than you originally said he was capable of. They're 6-3, and Geno is playing roughly average-starter ball. There hasn't been a correct prediction on the Geno front yet!
Rinse, wash, repeat. Now I got it, until I have to rinse, wash and change. Fade posting.

themunn

Reaction score
Via ourlads.com

Rams Starters on D: 22nd (22.7 pts allowed)

Jonah Williams | UNDRAFTED '21
Kobie Turner | 3rd rd '23 *Rookie
AARON DONALD | 1st '14
Christian Rozeboom | UNDRAFTED '20
Mike Hoecht | UNDRAFTED '20
Ernie Jones | 3rd rd '21
Byron Young | 3rd rd '23 *Rookie
Ahkello Witherspoon | CC (Cap Casualty from Pittsburgh)
Russ Yeast | 7th rd '22
Cobie Durant | 4th rd '22
Quentin Lake | 6th rd '22

Not listed:
N/A

(Very little investment)

Seahawks Starters on D: 20th (22.3 pts allowed)

Dre Jones | $$$ UFA Denver
J.Reed | 2nd rd '16
Leo Williams | Trade 2nd rd + 5th rd from NYG
Boye Mafe | 2nd rd '22
Jordyn Brooks | 1st rd '20
Bobby Wagner | 2nd rd '12
Darrell Taylor | '20 2nd + 3rd rd
Devon Witherspoon | 1st (top 5) '23 *Rookie
Jamal Adams | $$$ Trade two 1sts + 3rd from NYJ
Quandre Diggs | $$$ trade w/DET
Rique Woolen | 5th rd '22

(A lot of investment)

Not listed:
$$$$ Nwosu UFA from LAC
2nd '23 *Rookie Derrick Hall

It's pretty amazing how much Pete has to dump into the defense, vs. McVay to get basically the same results on that side of the ball. (22 pts. a game allowed.)

Here's the spooky part. The Rams have already played the Eagles, 49ers 1x, and the Cowboys.

The Seahawks D are very likely to drop further in points allowed with this murderers row schedule upcoming.

Jarran Reed and Bobby Wagner were free agents.

Otherwise, what you're basically showing is that Pete has drafted effectively over the course of a decade in order to put and keep together the defense.

Not like McVay's Rams, who for example have spent:

2022 2nd and 3rd round pick traded for Von Miller - currently with the Bills
2020 and 2021 1st round pick, and 2021 4th round pick for Jalen Ramsey - currently with the Dolphins
2020 third round picks for Terrell Lewis and Terrell Burgess currently with the Saints and Commanders respectively
2019 2nd round pick on Taylor Rapp currently with the Bills, 2nd round and 4th round picks traded for Marcus Peters, currently with the Raiders

That's right, only ONE SINGLE PICK from the 2019-2022 drafts that was used either to directly draft or trade for a player remains with the Rams (Ernie Jones)

Can you IMAGINE how mad you would be at Pete Carroll if that was the case here?

Last edited:

Hawknight

Reaction score
The more amazing part is that the Rams are 3-6 while the Seahawks are 6-3 eventhough Mcvay is running circles around Pete. Just doesn't make sense. Maybe Geno is just far better then Stafford and covers up all of Pete's flaws.
I want to believe it but even Wilson during his peak years had fallen to the Rams

xray

Reaction score
Who is responsible for the dumbest worst play called in Super Bowl history ; and cost the team a championship ? It doesn't seem to matter how good this team may be at the moment . Somehow , someway , Carroll will find a way to phuk up this season too . imho

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
What's going on is that you've erected a tribe that'll instantly discredit your thoughts upon you posting them, which isn't necessarily fair, but also doesn't automatically make you right about everything. You have just as much of a cold take arsenal in the post history as I, or anyone else here, has. Phrasing your takes, which boil down to opinions, as the truth is part of why this happens.
This is 95% of why I can't stand to read the trash he posts. The other 5% is due to his complete inability to admit when he's wrong. He just spins it into people not understanding him, or that people are inferior to him. It's kind of like a massive inferiority complex that's turned aggressive and it's extremely off-putting to most of society.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Jarran Reed and Bobby Wagner were free agents.

Otherwise, what you're basically showing is that Pete has drafted effectively over the course of a decade in order to put and keep together the defense.

Not like McVay's Rams, who for example have spent:

2022 2nd and 3rd round pick traded for Von Miller - currently with the Bills
2020 and 2021 1st round pick, and 2021 4th round pick for Jalen Ramsey - currently with the Dolphins
2020 third round picks for Terrell Lewis and Terrell Burgess currently with the Saints and Commanders respectively
2019 2nd round pick on Taylor Rapp currently with the Bills, 2nd round and 4th round picks traded for Marcus Peters, currently with the Raiders

That's right, only ONE SINGLE PICK from the 2019-2022 drafts that was used either to directly draft or trade for a player remains with the Rams (Ernie Jones)

Can you IMAGINE how mad you would be at Pete Carroll if that was the case here?
Be sure to check what they did on offense as well. I know the post was focused on defense, but they blew it all on both sides of the ball. They sold the farm for that Super Bowl, and now they are screwed.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes, apparently I was "wrong" for thinking those drafts were bad.

These are the confirmed pieces to the puzzle:

-JS interviewed with the Lions, he was on his way out.

-A Seattle Seahawks Scout leaked to the media that Pete Carroll was Al Davis'ing drafts.

-How they used to do it: JS would present the players to Pete like a menu when their pick was coming up, and Pete would select what he wanted from the menu. Early years, that worked excellently and built the L.O.B teams. But as Pete's knowledge of the college players faded, they ran into problems. Reaching for need too much.

-JS Admitted publicly that they had to change their process on how they were doing their drafts. The Malik, and L.J. Collier picks in particular, were hard pills to swallow. And lessons had to be learned.

-----

This is educated speculation on my part as it has never been revealed publicly.

But fitting it together:

In fear of losing JS, both Judy and Pete (Pete is the head of the football organization, he is not just a coach.) Granted JS full control of the draft.

SINCE '22 (SPECULATION): JS runs the drafts, Pete gives input on what he wants, and who he likes, but JS ultimately pulls the trigger on who they actually take.
Yes my friend. This was my exact theory as I can't back it up with cold fact. It makes all the sense in the world.

Ol Pete Petey Pete with their success probably got a little unrealistic view of his own personnel skills , the more time
He spent away from the NCAA he lost
his inside knowledge . That's how he had the insight to take a guy like Sherman or Baldwin. Trade for Marshawn Lynch.

He needs to talk about this on Tell the truth Monday.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
You can cry in the Geno isn't the guy Main Thread if you like. And maybe form, a compelling argument as to how I am wrong about Geno not being the guy in there. I will gladly respond in there.

On that, we agree. Geno isn't the guy. He is a good quarterback but he is not, or should not be, the long term guy.

He is, though, the guy for this year and I'm OK with that.

Welshers2

Reaction score

Call the cops folks, we just witnessed a murder.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I've been making proclamations on here for over a decade.

The funny thing is, people can only come up with a handful of things I got wrong,.if that.

My batting avg. is high. Otherwise you'd be able rattle off a couple dozen things. I've gotten wrong quite easily.

You've had a lot of bad takes on here that turned out to be incorrect, which is fine ... BUT you're not as smart as you think you are.

BASF

Reaction score
You don't read my posts.

Here's just a few off the top of my head.

-I predicted Ken Norton was just a "yes" man, and needed to be fired. He had a top 10 scoring defense at the time, or thereabouts I believe. His defenders cited that. Until he was fired, and then crickets…
The fact that you still think he was a yes man is mind boggling. He was given too much power and trust from Pete. The defensive draft hits while he was gone, then the defensive misses when he came back is the indicator. The defensive home runs since he was fired, should be all that is needed to see he was the common thread. However, the fact that the same happened to the Raiders while he was with them is the clincher on this one. I strongly critiqued Pete for bringing him back as you did, but you took your opinion in the wrong direction.

knownone

Reaction score
The vital thing to remember when putting your opinions out there is that it doesn't matter if your predictions are right or wrong. The only thing that matters is making a compelling case with the information available. As the phrase goes, A mistake is not something to be determined after the fact. And if you actually believe in the evidence, you don't pivot the moment things are going poorly for your predictions. The worst thing you can do for your credibility is shift with the wind and pretend you are the force behind it.