Seahawks D vs. Rams D (Investment to be 20th Ranked)

bileever

Reaction score
NFL teams really need to evolve during the season if they want to succeed. Are the Seahawks where they need to be defensively to get anywhere in the playoffs? Not yet, but at least this team has the potential to get there. Time will tell . . .

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I believe the Hawks will even things up with the Rams and win but disturbingly will allow the Rams to close up near the end of the game.

Seattle 31- Rams 28

hedgehawk

Reaction score
NFL teams really need to evolve during the season if they want to succeed. Are the Seahawks where they need to be defensively to get anywhere in the playoffs? Not yet, but at least this team has the potential to get there. Time will tell . . .
That’s what is fun about being a fan. Will the defense continue to develop and be great? Can the offense be consistent? Seeing the development is fun. Felt this way leading to XL and then our year destroying the Donks. This team is on the rise. We need to address QBOTF at some point.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seems weird to me that OP would leave out the $48 million in dead cap the Rams are suffering under from Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Floyd, and Bobby Wagner.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We have a lot of talent on the defensive side, and that talent hasn't really been playing together for very long. Having Bobby back to mentor all the new kids is a galvanizing influence, the "glue" and leadership they need. I've noticed the last few wins, obviously not including the Baltimore game, the D has gotten some clutch 3rd and 4th down stops, especially against Cleveland. The D did a number on Cincinnati but the O let the team down bit-time by getting 3 points total out of 5 different red zone trips. It seems like we're not giving away as many easy 3rd down bailouts to opposing offenses. I'm cautiously optimistic for the D's continued improvement, learning to play fast and together, like the LOB did in their heyday.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
We have a lot of talent on the defensive side, and that talent hasn't really been playing together for very long. Having Bobby back to mentor all the new kids is a galvanizing influence, the "glue" and leadership they need. I've noticed the last few wins, obviously not including the Baltimore game, the D has gotten some clutch 3rd and 4th down stops, especially against Cleveland. The D did a number on Cincinnati but the O let the team down bit-time by getting 3 points total out of 5 different red zone trips. It seems like we're not giving away as many easy 3rd down bailouts to opposing offenses. I'm cautiously optimistic for the D's continued improvement, learning to play fast and together, like the LOB did in their heyday.
Good post. Nice to read some optimism for our current team.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I got a question. How long would PC & JS be on the market if we fired them? The answer is 3 days. For the agents to take 2 days and make sure they were the highest paid in their role.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I wonder where the Fire Pete crowd will go when the new guy goes 2-15. Certainly they won’t show up here.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
You missed something, not just Pete and his coaching staffs, must fire John Schneider as he clearly mismanaged and over paid the roster. Must change ownership too, as she steadfastly refused to fire Pete and John.

Read and learn hedgehawk, the more you read fade's post, the clearer what needs to change before we can win again :)
Making stuff up, huh?

Compelling argument.

I'm a JS guy, so.

What the data clearly shows, and what people should take from it is, they are predictable and scheme very poorly for opponents.

All of this talent on defense, playing QBs such as Andy Dalton, PJ Walker, Daniel Jones, and Josh Dobbs, and all they can muster up a 20th ranked scoring defense?

The narrative out there is the defense is good, or the defense is fixed.

It should be given their talent. But it is not, why?

How much more investment do they need to be a top 10 scoring defense? I haven't looked at every team but the top defenses have not invested more than the Seahawks.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I just can’t anymore. Cherry pick and change narrative when convenient.
What narrative?

They literally rank 20th in scoring defense.

And they are about to embark on the toughest part of their schedule.

This is not a narrative, but fact.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
In EPA/Play, Seattle's 16th, and the Rams are 23rd. The stats are skewed heavily by the Ravens game, so it's not very illustrative of where this team is defensively.
The Rams have already played the Eagle, Cowboys, and Niners 1x.

The Seahawks haven't. These numbers are going to flip in a bout a month's time.

If they do, will you admit there is a problem?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Making stuff up, huh?

Compelling argument.

I'm a JS guy, so.

What the data clearly shows, and what people should take from it is, they are predictable and scheme very poorly for opponents.

All of this talent on defense, playing QBs such as Andy Dalton, PJ Walker, Daniel Jones, and Josh Dobbs, and all they can muster up a 20th ranked scoring defense?

The narrative out there is the defense is good, or the defense is fixed.

It should be given their talent. But it is not, why?

How much more investment do they need to be a top 10 scoring defense? I haven't looked at every team but the top defenses have not invested more than the Seahawks.
They give up 6 points per game compared in points to the best team in the league defensively. While building it and not having a QB like Lamar Jackson. Your takes are similar to your username.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
What narrative?

They literally rank 20th in scoring defense.

And they are about to embark on the toughest part of their schedule.

This is not a narrative, but fact.
You change your stance weekly depending on what you want to write.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Seems weird to me that OP would leave out the $48 million in dead cap the Rams are suffering under from Jalen Ramsey, Leonard Floyd, and Bobby Wagner.
That only further proves my point.

The Seahawks don't have that kind of dead money handicapping their roster.

The Seahawks defense should.be light years better. Seattle is spending more on the field in terms of dollars, and draft capital. Yet, they are negligible in terms of results.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
You’re a good author. Write very well and obviously watch football. I think your hatred towards PC overshadows much of what you write. And I think it’s a shame because you have much to offer. You’ve made your posts almost unreadable in the last few years. And been wrong in your thoughts way more often than not. And then try and change it like it’s forgotten.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You’re a good author. Write very well and obviously watch football. I think your hatred towards PC overshadows much of what you write. And I think it’s a shame because you have much to offer. You’ve made your posts almost unreadable in the last few years. And been wrong in your thoughts way more often than not. And then try and change it like it’s forgotten.
The bad drafting takes and the Geno takes have aged particularly poorly.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
You change your stance weekly depending on what you want to write.
My stances are the same.

1) Geno ain't the guy.

2) The defense is getting out schemed. And underachieving given the massive investment.

3) The offense is suffering from the same issues throughout the PC era. He is the only common denominator at this point.

4) Judy is an absentee owner, who needs to sell ASAP.

5) Pete needs to be more of a figurehead, and upgrade his staff, or move on.

6) Let JS drive the bus on personnel.

These are a lot of different topics that will require different threads at different times.

Ad hominid attacks are easier for some than addressing the actual issues of the football team.