Seahawks D vs. Rams D (Investment to be 20th Ranked)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno? Ha. Literally no one got that right, and now he is regressing back to the mean.

And also, nothing has aged worse than thinking Geno is the man, with a Geno avatar, none the less.

Oh yeah?

If you want to call my record into question on Geno, please, eat the biggest plate of crow first rather than acting as if your expert opinion was that he'd regress.
Geno is the present and future. For a QB he is not that old. He has 4-5 great yrs left if you believe last season wasn't a fluke. (I don't think it was.)
Geno Smith is a BAMFer if you know ball.
Huh, check those quotes out.

Cardi b thats suspicious cardi b

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
My signature is a direct quote from before the season 2022 started, where you derided my opinion that he was the best quarterback on the roster and could give us league average quarterback play. I then stated their ceiling was around 8-9 wins, which you also stated was a dunk worthy opinion after saying their ceiling was a laughable 5 wins. They proceeded to win 9.

Throughout 2022, you then stated that "Geno is the truth" multiple times. You've since stated that he is regressing to the mean, the mean being about what I said he'd do regardless prior to 2022. You're dunking your own opinions.

As for the bad drafting takes, you created a suboptimal grading platform a few years back to show the ineptitude of the front office, in which your criteria graded Frank Clark as a severe draft demerit because he didn't sign a second contract with the team, ignoring the fact that he played like a star and then recouped capital worth three times his original draft slot.
You made a thread about Geno: "I Was All Wrong," remember? :)

And have since admitted you were wrong again about him in the game day forum, this last week.

Your sig? Geno flukes his was through half-season, and now the team is going no where with him. Congratulations, I guess. If you view that as a win, you must be hard up for them. Now you get to deal with the fall out of hitching your wagon to Geno from here on out. And how most fans of the team can't wait to dump him and draft the actual next QB of the Seahawks.

The same Frank Clark who made 3 Pro-Bowls with the Chiefs, 0 with the Seahawks, set post-season sack records and made 3 Super Bowls? That Frank Clark? He's not anything to right home about now, but definitely would've helped the Seahawks during that period. Especially when you replace him with LJ Collier in the 1st rd. Replacing Frank Clark w/L.J. Collier is an "L." Sorry.

That window of drafting was bad for the Seahawks, regardless of how you want to split infinities. JS himself has acknowledged it, and they have since changed their draft strategy because of how bad that period was. Going from need based, to value based. Exactly what I argued over the years.

You guys take the cake. So you believe the things I'm wrong about… I'm in fact… Actually right about? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
BUT I think I figured out was is going on though…

Here is what is going on:

I type things you guys don't like. So therefore you translate that into your brains that --- "You're Wrong! I don't like that!"

When in reality it's the truth. Truth you don't like, doesn't = wrong. Try to be less emotionally invested and look at things more rationally.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The same Frank Clark who made 3 Pro-Bowls with the Chiefs, 0 with the Seahawks, set post-season sack records and made 3 Super Bowls? That Frank Clark? He's not anything to right home about now, but definitely would've helped the Seahawks during that period. Especially when you replace him with LJ Collier in the 1st rd. Replacing Frank Clark w/L.J. Collier is an "L." Sorry.
This is where the intellectual dishonesty comes into play. You're using Pro Bowls as the statistic to judge Clark by because his actual production in Seattle for 3/4 years were better than even his best year as a Chief, during which he never topped 8 sacks and wasn't as good at generating pressure. If you used his actual production rather than popularity contest awards to justify your stance, you'd have to say "Oh, shit, this actually isn't correct."

You say process over results a bunch, and yet you chalk Frank Clark up as a bad draft choice in the second round because... they drafted poor replacements for him after getting a huge trade return for him, after getting 35 sacks from him on his rookie contract? That's specifically judging results over process with the benefit of hindsight, and only judging a very incomplete portion of the results to fit your own narrative.

It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
This is where the intellectual dishonesty comes into play. You're using Pro Bowls as the statistic to judge Clark by because his actual production in Seattle for 3/4 years were better than even his best year as a Chief, during which he never topped 8 sacks and wasn't as good at generating pressure. If you used his actual production rather than popularity contest awards to justify your stance, you'd have to say "Oh, shit, this actually isn't correct."

You say process over results a bunch, and yet you chalk Frank Clark up as a bad draft choice in the second round because... they drafted poor replacements for him after getting a huge trade return for him, after getting 35 sacks from him on his rookie contract? That's specifically judging results over process with the benefit of hindsight, and only judging a very incomplete portion of the results to fit your own narrative.

It's ridiculous.
NO. Drafting L.J. Collier as a replacement is ridiculous.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I type things you guys don't like. So therefore you translate that into your brains that --- "You're Wrong! I don't like that!"

When in reality it's the truth. Truth you don't like, doesn't = wrong. Try to be less emotionally invested and look at things more rationally.
What's going on is that you've erected a tribe that'll instantly discredit your thoughts upon you posting them, which isn't necessarily fair, but also doesn't automatically make you right about everything. You have just as much of a cold take arsenal in the post history as I, or anyone else here, has. Phrasing your takes, which boil down to opinions, as the truth is part of why this happens.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't even always disagree. I publicly defended you on the Clint Hurtt takes last year, which were well-reasoned yet drew hate because of who posted them.

hedgehawk

Reaction score

Wow! You lack humility. Why you flip/flop consistently. That’s an emotional issue and a problem with self esteem. Where is OneLofaTatupu?

knownone

Reaction score
What's going on is that you've erected a tribe that'll instantly discredit your thoughts upon you posting them, which isn't necessarily fair, but also doesn't automatically make you right about everything. You have just as much of a cold take arsenal in the post history as I, or anyone else here, has. Phrasing your takes, which boil down to opinions, as the truth is part of why this happens.
The style is the primary issue. The multi-page meme thread about Geno supporters after we got beat by the Ravens is an excellent example of why I stopped taking Fade seriously. It would be one thing to do it after the season. But midseason? Eh...

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
How would you rate yourself? I got you at about 1/6 over the years. Batting 166. Pretty sure most here could hit that number. You have the courage to start a thread, most don’t. Admitting when wrong is a whole different dragon.

You don't read my posts.

Here's just a few off the top of my head.

-I predicted Ken Norton was just a "yes" man, and needed to be fired. He had a top 10 scoring defense at the time, or thereabouts I believe. His defenders cited that. Until he was fired, and then crickets…

-I predicted Todd Gurly was a fraud, and wasn't the engine that drove the Rams. At the time he was an MVP candidate.

-I predicted Pete Carroll & Russell Wilson would get a divorce during the 2021 season. At the time the local media was saying it wouldn't happen, ever. Corbin Smith mocked people on twitter who could think such a thing, a few moments later he was traded.

-I predicted the 49ers would keep Jimmy G, and not cut him before last season. At the time, he had a bloated contract and lost the starting job to Trey Lance. The thought was he would be cut/traded.

-I predicted Kyle Shanahan would ruin Trey Lance and injure him. Before last season started.

-I predicted the Trevor Lawrence draft class (outside of him) would be an underwhelming class of 1st rd QBs, so bad in fact that teams would pull back the next draft. Only 1 QB was selected in the 1st rd the following draft, and he didn't deserver it. The rest were taken in the 3rd rd or later.

-I predicted the Jags would make the playoffs last season, coming off the worst record in the league the year prior.

-After the Rams lost in the Super Bowl, I predicted the 49ers would be the real threat the following season, not the Rams. the 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl.

-Predicted the Rams would win the Super Bowl the year they won it, before the season started.

-I predicted Russell Wilson would have a bounce back season under Sean Payton, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, well on his way.

toffee

Reaction score
I don't even always disagree. I publicly defended you on the Clint Hurtt takes last year, which were well-reasoned yet drew hate because of who posted them.
I think that is the essence of a forum, isn't it? We all agree sometimes, but not all the time? That said, I agree with you most of the time. With fade, I often agree with his observations, if not his predictable conclusions, nah, conclusion.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
You don't read my posts.

-I predicted Ken Norton was just a "yes" man, and needed to be fired. He had a top 10 scoring defense at the time, or thereabouts I believe. His defenders cited that. Until he was fired, and then crickets…

-I predicted Todd Gurly was a fraud, and wasn't the engine that drove the Rams. At the time he was an MVP candidate.

-I predicted Pete Carroll & Russell Wilson would get a divorce during the 2021 season. At the time the local media was saying it wouldn't happen, ever. Corbin Smith mocked people on twitter who could think such a thing, a few moments later he was traded.

-I predicted the 49ers would keep Jimmy G, and not cut him before last season. At the time, he had a bloated contract and lost the starting job to Trey Lance. The thought was he would be cut/traded.

-I predicted Kyle Shanahan would ruin Trey Lance and injure him. Before last season started.

-I predicted the Trevor Lawrence draft class (outside of him) would be an underwhelming class of 1st rd QBs, so bad in fact that teams would pull back the next draft. Only 1 QB was selected in the 1st rd the following draft, and he didn't deserver it. The rest were taken in the 3rd rd or later.

-I predicted the Jags would make the playoffs last season, coming off the worst record in the league the year prior.

-After the Rams lost in the Super Bowl, I predicted the 49ers would be the real threat the following season, not the Rams. the 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl.

-Predicted the Rams would win the Super Bowl the year they won it, before the season started.

-I predicted Russell Wilson would have a bounce back season under Sean Payton, 30 TDs, 10 INTs, well on his way.
Nicely done with those predictions over a decade as you mentioned. Now name some bad takes. The list is much longer naturally. You just can’t admit it.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
WE definitely had some bad drafts until the last two
Was that pete getting out of the way via jodi setting it in stone or was that J.S. just hittting his stride
I've always like js so i prefer to think pete was calling the shots but jodi said let the man do his job but in reality I have NO FRICKEN IDEA so there's that
As far as the D goes , I see a lot that could be improved from a coaching standpoint , it irritates the heck outta me to see our guys wait to see a receiver stop , make a catch and then tackle him as opposed to jump the route in the zone or cover him but for them to do it game after game all day long forever in perpitutuity , very frustrating
I actually enjoy takes by posters that oppose other takes as i always seem to find some part of both that holds some validity and truth but nevermind me , you guys just go on trashin , nothin to see here although both views ya'll have contain merit I.E. our drafting did pretty much suck for a while n the D could be coached better but what I know
Pretty much very little and thats not what she said lol

hedgehawk

Reaction score
You don't read my posts.

Nicely done with those predictions over a decade as you mentioned. Now name some bad takes. The list is much longer naturally. You just can’t admit it
WE definitely had some bad drafts until the last two
Was that pete getting out of the way via jodi setting it in stone or was that J.S. just hittting his stride
I've always like js so i prefer to think pete was calling the shots but jodi said let the man do his job but in reality I have NO FRICKEN IDEA so there's that
As far as the D goes , I see a lot that could be improved from a coaching standpoint , it irritates the heck outta me to see our guys wait to see a receiver stop , make a catch and then tackle him as opposed to jump the route in the zone or cover him but for them to do it game after game all day long forever in perpitutuity , very frustrating
I actually enjoy takes by posters that oppose other takes as i always seem to find some part of both that holds some validity and truth but nevermind me , you guys just go on trashin , nothin to see here although both views ya'll have contain merit I.E. our drafting did pretty much suck for a while n the D could be coached better but what I know
Pretty much very little and thats not what she said lol
Good take. This forum is about discussion and what people want to share. Fade is very good about sharing his opinions, very correct at times. Not great with the aftermath and people disagreeing. That’s what this board is for. It would die if we all just agreed.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
You don't read my posts.

Talk is cheap. Here's a few you missed.

You didn't predict Geno's excellent season last year.

You didn't predict the KC SB win last season.

You didn't predict A-Rods season ending injury in week 1.

You didn't predict Burrow's season ending injury tonight.

You didn't predict Lamar's injury at the end of the season last year.

You didn't predict the Seahawks 9-8 record last season.

You didn't predict Witherspoon's emergence this season.

You didn't predict the Eagles winning the NFC last season.

You didn't predict jacksh.it.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Nicely done with those predictions over a decade as you mentioned. Now name some bad takes. The list is much longer naturally. You just can’t admit it.
Not much. That is why you can't point any out.

And I got plenty more correct ones to post, but I stay humble.
The Cowherd of .net

I'm much more accurate than Cowherd, or most on this site for that matter.

Much easier for most to take shots from the peanut gallery. Than put themselves out there.

And again. My points in this thread are ignored, and the ad hominem attacks insue.

Address the issues I raised in the OP. I'm wrong all the time apparently so it should be easy.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Talk is cheap. Here's a few you missed.

You didn't predict Geno's excellent season last year.

You didn't predict the KC SB win last season.

You didn't predict A-Rods season ending injury in week 1.

You didn't predict Burrow's season ending injury tonight.

You didn't predict Lamar's injury at the end of the season last year.

You didn't predict the Seahawks 9-8 record last season.

You didn't predict Witherspoon's emergence this season.

You didn't predict the Eagles winning the NFC last season.

You didn't predict jacksh.it.

Hahahahahaha. I didn't make every prediction under the sun, so therefore I'm wrong.

Literally, no one predicted Geno to have an excellent season last year. His biggest proponents were hyping TJack+ bridge QB. You all need to hang your heads in shame, before you come at me, for that take. As everyone was wrong in that short term.

However, long term, I was correct. As Geno isn't the guy, and pretty much everyone in all camps wants them to Draft a QB to replace him PRONTO.

You can cry in the Geno isn't the guy Main Thread if you like. And maybe form, a compelling argument as to how I am wrong about Geno not being the guy in there. I will gladly respond in there.

Bonus: I predicted Witherspoon to be GOAT Nickel if used inside after he was drafted that night. So far, so good. But they should play him inside even more, he is great outside, but GOAT'd inside.