Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Sep 23-25

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow I turned off the game when it was 9-2. What? How?

Need Astros to close this out.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Astros held on.

Sounds like Cal aggravated his thumb injury.

Awful road trip but we are still going to make the playoffs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Team implosion. Losing balls in the sun, pitchers walking everyone, fielders not making plays, manager leaving obviously struggling pitchers in way too long. Whole team crapping the bed at the same time. 12 runs should be enough to win a ball game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well fangraphs moved us to 100% chance of making playoffs. Nice!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Absolutely puketastic. Now feels wrong to even be discussing Ms in the playoffs, the way they've been playing this month.

TIMD

Reaction score
Can't wait until they back in to that last WC spot to "break their post-season drought"..... What a joke that is. After they get trounced in that WC round because they have absolutely no offense, the Front Office & ownership will be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back, telling us how successful they were. Meanwhile, someone ELSE will be winning the World Series as always, while Seattle Mariners fans suffer through more of the standard disappointment. Making the playoffs as the final WC is nothing to celebrate, unless you advance to the WS. The Seattle Mariners.... The ONLY franchise left that has NEVER made it to the WS. That will continue this year. Next year, this roster will just exchange bad players for more bad players. SMH.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait until they back in to that last WC spot to "break their post-season drought"..... What a joke that is. After they get trounced in that WC round because they have absolutely no offense, the Front Office & ownership will be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back, telling us how successful they were. Meanwhile, someone ELSE will be winning the World Series as always, while Seattle Mariners fans suffer through more of the standard disappointment. Making the playoffs as the final WC is nothing to celebrate, unless you advance to the WS. The Seattle Mariners.... The ONLY franchise left that has NEVER made it to the WS. That will continue this year. Next year, this roster will just exchange bad players for more bad players. SMH.
Chill man, they've played a bad week... but they still have a winning record, signed julio and castillo and are about to break their playoff drought and likely play a team they've dominated all season long.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Team implosion. Losing balls in the sun, pitchers walking everyone, fielders not making plays, manager leaving obviously struggling pitchers in way too long. Whole team crapping the bed at the same time. 12 runs should be enough to win a ball game.
How are u blaming the manager? He used 4 pitchers in 2 innings. Do your damn job as a pro athlete. It was a gag job.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well aware of Rays 12-12 and Balty's 11-12 during the same span. The caliber of their opponents, however, "justify" their .500 record, and we were expecting it. I see you started another thread saying there are posters saying the Ms do not deserve the playoffs, and I'm not going to reply to it since I'm not among those. I did say "Now feels wrong" and that's how I feel for the moment and will likely continue to feel if the Ms continue playing like the Bad News Bears. Maybe you were referring to other posters, but I hope you did not misconstrue this sentiment as "Ms do not deserve."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they went from a magic number of 9 down to 6 in two days. I'll take it and won't apologize for it. Lose 13-12 or 3-2, it's still a one run loss.

I'm over it. 10 to play, up 4 (plus the tiebreaker) and a magic number of 6. Just get to the damn playoffs. It's shocking how many mariners fans (not saying on here) are complaining about how the team will make the playoffs. It's been 21 damn years, who gives a rats a** how it looks? 21 fricken years. Just get there, new season, Julio and Suarez likely back. Let's rock.
Fan how you want, but complaining about how getting to the playoffs look is just plain silly. Is it EVER good enough for some Seattle Sports fans? Ever?

TIMD

Reaction score
Just get in & get beat. These guys can't score WITH Julio & Suarez. When they get back, they will be struggling because they are ice cold & INJURED. Just ask Ty France. Mitch Hanigar. Kyle ( I've only hit well for 6 weeks in my career) Lewis.

Latest posts