Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Sep 23-25

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Chill man, they've played a bad week... but they still have a winning record, signed julio and castillo and are about to break their playoff drought and likely play a team they've dominated all season long.
And making the playoffs this year will take the "breaking the drought" pressure off of the team going forward. And that is A LOT of pressure.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely will take it off. I'm not trying to stir anything up. But complaining about how it looks IF the Mariners make the PLAYOFFS? That's just funny to me.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Just get in & get beat. These guys can't score WITH Julio & Suarez. When they get back, they will be struggling because they are ice cold & INJURED. Just ask Ty France. Mitch Hanigar. Kyle ( I've only hit well for 6 weeks in my career) Lewis.
I think you're confusing them with a team that isn't 12 games above .500... they scored 12 runs yesterday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny how he magically glosses over the fact that they scored 12 runs. Drama's gonna' Drama.
We get it already. The M's suck, they don't deserve to make playoffs, blah blah blah blah

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Well aware of Rays 12-12 and Balty's 11-12 during the same span. The caliber of their opponents, however, "justify" their .500 record, and we were expecting it. I see you started another thread saying there are posters saying the Ms do not deserve the playoffs, and I'm not going to reply to it since I'm not among those. I did say "Now feels wrong" and that's how I feel for the moment and will likely continue to feel if the Ms continue playing like the Bad News Bears. Maybe you were referring to other posters, but I hope you did not misconstrue this sentiment as "Ms do not deserve."
No, its about everyone. Twitter and such. Nothing about a individual. Winning is tough. Its tougher when you have 21 years to end as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, we have been told over and over again that they basically suck. The are a "mediocre team" and are a .500 team. And Julio has proven nothing. And it's not good enough because they are going to "back in to the playoffs"
Even though they have been firmly in one of the wild card spots for a VERY long time. They earnd this f'ing spot the last 6 months. SEVERAL teams are struggling the last 3 weeks, just look at the record. Other than Toronto, everyone is at a .500 clip or worse over 3 plus weeks (in the AL Wild Card hunt)

W

Welshers

In playoff baseball anything is possible! I stopped whining once I saw the effort Scotty and this team have been putting in! Even if they get swept out of the WC round I will be proud of them and the monkey will be off the back! Not sure why the hell anyone is complaining and crying at this point. It's the best season in over 20 years and it's still not enough. Sad!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, Welsh and I agree on something. Maybe there's hope for us after all :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You just earned yourself a pint if you're ever in town for a Hawks game.

TIMD

Reaction score
Funny how he magically glosses over the fact that they scored 12 runs. Drama's gonna' Drama.
We get it already. The M's suck, they don't deserve to make playoffs, blah blah blah blah
Wow they scored 12 runs (road) & gave up 13. They lost. Funny how you guys ignore the fact they struggle to score TWO runs almost every game in SEATTLE. Keep on hoping Haggerty, Moore & Toro lead the way because Winker, Frazier & Hanigar absolutely suck. And when Julio & Suarez rush back from injury, they will be struggling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let it go. It's over with. Geezus man. You literally sound like you can't just enjoy anything. I mean you have NOTHING good to say about the team. Nobody is forcing you to watch the team or even follow them. Take that negative sh** somewhere else. Some of us are trying to enjoy a playoff run.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow some cranky fans. Some people are impossible to please. We don’t make the playoffs for 21 years and and people complain about actually making it. Do people really expect a team to go from garbage to World Series contender in one season?

They are going to make the playoffs. Maybe win a series but most likely will get bounced. I’m fine with that, as long as they build off this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team is on the rise, period. To complain about how they make the playoffs for the first time in 21 years? That's some legit Debbie Downer crap.
They are not making the World Series, but they are going to make the playoffs. VERY few if anyone on here has claimed they are making the World Series.

Chapow

Reaction score
Wow some cranky fans. Some people are impossible to please. We don’t make the playoffs for 21 years and and people complain about actually making it.

This is a strawman and I'm pretty sure you know it. Nobody is complaining about making the playoffs. What people are complaining about is how shockingly poorly this team has been playing lately. We just went 3-7 and lost 3 series in a row against some of the worst teams in the AL, including the 2nd worst team in MLB. And then we put a big fat exclamation point on that shit show of a road trip with an epic meltdown in KC on Sunday after having a 9 run lead. That is what people are complaining about, and quite frankly, it's absolutely ridiculous for people like you and SoulfishHawk to be sitting there acting like it's completely unreasonable for anyone to be disappointed and frustrated with how this team has been playing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, that's like your opinion. Look at it however you want to. Couldn't care less how they get in. Nobody is claiming they haven't been struggling. But it's baseball, there's always tomorrow. Which is tonight. 10 games in 9 days. Let's rock.
And you don't know how any of us are feeling during this slump. I've been pissed off after every damn game they lose. The difference is that I don't give up on them and/or act like they are the worst team in the league. They have a shit ton of injuries and guys playing THRU injuries. Slumps happen in baseball. To EVERY team. They have been playing like sh** lately. This isn't news. But every team OTHER THAN TORONTO has been at .500 or worse the last 3 weeks. They earned this record over the last 6 months. They have time to turn this around and to get back to better, sound baseball. This team didn't just become crap. If people can't even TRY to be positive about the team, I don't know that to tell ya.
Fan how you want, I find it hilarious how people fight just enjoying the ride. I have been more pissed than I care to admit after MOST of the losses this year.
I'm just not gonna' let it ruin my life or my day, I haven't missed a single game all year. I'm f'ing ready for a damn playoff birth.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is a strawman and I'm pretty sure you know it. Nobody is complaining about making the playoffs. What people are complaining about is how shockingly poorly this team has been playing lately. We just went 3-7 and lost 3 series in a row against some of the worst teams in the AL, including the 2nd worst team in MLB. And then we put a big fat exclamation point on that shit show of a road trip with an epic meltdown in KC on Sunday after having a 9 run lead. That is what people are complaining about, and quite frankly, it's absolutely ridiculous for people like you and SoulfishHawk to be sitting there acting like it's completely unreasonable for anyone to be disappointed and frustrated with how this team has been playing.
I was mainly just talking about TIMD, the guy is just posting like we are the worst team. Just look at the last post on the previous page of this thread.

Yeah everyone has every right to be upset about the last couple weeks. But for the poster or posters that just flat out have nothing positive to say about the team, I don’t know what to say.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think most of us are in agreement here.

There is a big difference between….

“Man how did we blow an 11-2 lead, that really sucks, this team is struggling.”

And….

“The team blows, same old crappy Mariners. Loser fans who are happy with one playoff appearance only to lose immediately.”

Latest posts