Kansas City Royals @ Seattle Mariners Aug 25-27

Ruminator

Reaction score
Interesting tidbit of information from this article by Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times. The Mariners were 23rd in OPS before the All-Star break and have been 2nd in OPS since then. The Ms are also 2nd in MLB in batting average, on-base percentage and slugging since the break. (The Braves are first.)

But here's the crazy thing: since July 20, the Mariners have a wRC+ of 136 and a WAR of 9.9, better than the Braves 133 and 9.3, and if you've followed the Braves at all this year, they have an incredible offense.

And after today's game, which should be a decisive win, oh boy.

NoGain

Reaction score
^^^Agree. Today sets up for about as sure of a win as we've had going into a game this year, and a series sweep on top of that.

Now they'll probably lose.

Echawks

Reaction score
Games like this i absolutely hate.. Castillo should be enough to keep it very low but Marsh has been bad to awful this year and will probably pitch like Nolan Ryan against us.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Games like this i absolutely hate.. Castillo should be enough to keep it very low but Marsh has been bad to awful this year and will probably pitch like Nolan Ryan against us.
I also feel like anytime we score 10+ runs we struggle to score the next day. It just happened against the White Sox.

Echawks

Reaction score
Teooooo… Teeeeaahhhhoooo..

Fastball come and he hits a home run

Crizilla

Reaction score
France not scoring on a double into the corner with 2 outs...wow...... something is wrong with Ty for sure. He gets hit with pitches a lot....

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh boy. Hard to feel good about Munoz with a 1 run lead in the 9th.