Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros Aug 18-20

Chapow

Reaction score
Regarding whether or not Kelenic has a roster spot when he gets healthy, I can't imagine anyone thinking Canzone deserves a spot, but JK doesn't. JK has had a good season for us. Not great, but definitely good.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Regarding whether or not Kelenic has a roster spot when he gets healthy, I can't imagine anyone thinking Canzone deserves a spot, but JK doesn't. JK has had a good season for us. Not great, but definitely good.
What about in the clubhouse? Coincidence we went on a run once he got injured? Isn’t he kind of known for being a “me first” type of guy? I agree with you that JK is definitely a valuable player, but I’m also a a firm believer in, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

NoGain

Reaction score
What about in the clubhouse? Coincidence we went on a run once he got injured? Isn’t he kind of known for being a “me first” type of guy? I agree with you that JK is definitely a valuable player, but I’m also a a firm believer in, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I personally wouldn't call him a "me first" type of guy. I just think he's wound too tight. If he could learn how to relax his mind and his inner predator, he has the talent to be a good ball player. But I wonder if that's possible. He seems like a team guy to me when his inner demons aren't on the loose.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Julio is on one of the hottest streaks ever. Nobody has had this amount of hits in 4 games in over 100 years.

I don't know what you do with JK when he's healthy. I lean towards the "don't fix what ain't broken" mentality, however. Just keep riding this out and see what happens. Don't mess with the chemistry.
Why worry about JK.. besides, I don't think there's anything you can do about JK.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Idk man. We have Moore, Candzone, Hag as outfield options. Team is insanely hot. Marlow has probably locked up a spot. I say don't mess around with anything now that JP will be back. They could subtly move JK in as a pinch hit or something.

Dipoto built the team. Julio was his first investment. All SS has to do is not make totally dumb moves.

Chapow

Reaction score

I mean, if JK is somehow so toxic to the clubhouse that his mere presence would singlehandedly destroy this teams momentum and chemistry, then they should probably just DFA him. But I doubt very, very much that's the case.

Chapow

Reaction score
Idk man. We have Moore, Candzone, Hag as outfield options. Team is insanely hot. Marlow has probably locked up a spot. I say don't mess around with anything now that JP will be back. They could subtly move JK in as a pinch hit or something.

They have no choice but to change things up somewhat once JP is back. Obviously you have to sit either Cabby or Moore since JP will be at SS. Both have played well and been contributing since JP has been out. It's not a bad problem to have, but one of these guys (or both) is going to get less playing time, and that's just unavoidable.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I mean, if JK is somehow so toxic to the clubhouse that his mere presence would singlehandedly destroy this teams momentum and chemistry, then they should probably just DFA him. But I doubt very, very much that's the case.
Wait, JK is toxic now?

Chapow

Reaction score
Wait, JK is toxic now?

I hope that's not what you think I just said.

If so, please re-read the post I was responding to, and then re-read my post. Because I absolutely did not say JK is toxic.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I hope that's not what you think I just said.

If so, please re-read the post I was responding to, and then re-read my post. Because I absolutely did not say JK is toxic.
Yeah, I've read it several times and when I read JK is so toxic etc etc, it just sounds like maybe he had a toxic presence before somehow... well it;s me, just understood it wrong.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

Dipoto built the team. Julio was his first investment. All SS has to do is not make totally dumb moves.
Lmao ok

NoGain

Reaction score
It's gravy time. I'm starting to get greedy.

Mix

Reaction score
20 home runs / 20 stolen bases in his first 2 seasons. Julio is in very rare company. Can anyone name who else has done that without getting to excited?