Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros Jul 6-9

NoGain

Reaction score
Well...do we start to stretch out over .500, or does the Sisyphean boulder roll back down the hill?

Chapow

Reaction score
6 strikeouts in the first 2 innings.

8 in the first 3 now, which is pretty ugly.

But, they've also had 2 men reach in each of the first 3 innings, and they're also making the Astros pitcher work. He's at like 65 pitches after only 3 innings.

Crizilla

Reaction score
WONG DID SOMETHING.

BASES LOADDED 0 OUTS BREAK THROUGH THIS TIME PLEASE

JULIO

Chapow

Reaction score
When you keep getting multiple guys on base every inning good things are probably going to happen at some point.

8 hits and 3 walks with 0 outs in the 4th so far.

Chapow

Reaction score
Gawd DAAAAMMMNNN!!!!

MARINERS WENT OFF! 9 runs in the 4th!

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score

Chapow

Reaction score
Now, let Castillo finish 5-6 innings, then pull him to rest for the All Star game. :)

Get that new rookie Campbell in with a cushion.

No way man, ef that. Let Castillo go as long as he can. This game is way more important than the ASG. Plus, he's only going to pitch an inning or 2 in that anyway.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Now, who the hell thought it a good idea to have M Ford be DH? FFS.

Chapow

Reaction score
Outside of the Seahawks, it doesn't get much better than watching the M's curb stomp the Astros (when it comes to watching sports).

Funny how quickly things change in baseball. A week ago I was pretty convinced that the M's were a bottom 10 team. Now they've won 6 of their last 7, against very good teams. 🤷‍♂️

Chapow

Reaction score
Now, who the hell thought it a good idea to have M Ford be DH? FFS.

I did, considering how absolutely dreadful our DH platoon was up until they called Ford up. I'll be honest though, he's doing way better than I expected. I thought he was going to be a modest upgrade. Instead, he's been a HUGE upgrade.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Campbell got in and did okay. Will be interesting to see him over the next couple few weeks to see how he does. We seem to have a pretty good pitching program coming up through the minors. It seems to be working to have them skip the PCL in AAA and just pull them from AA Arkansas.

Secured the split. Two chances left to win the series. First time since '18 they've won 2 in a row at Houston, they're saying on the TV box. Place has been a house of horrors forever. Nice to see the M's bring it in their house.