Reaction score
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Way to find the dark cloud behind the silver lining. :LOL:

3 of 4 in their house. I'll take it.

Just won 3 consecutive series against 3 of the best teams in baseball. I'll take it.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I mean let's be honest, the pitching is carrying this team. I know the bats are looking a little better but we still need an infusion of offense if we want a good shot at the playoffs

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What a way to end the mid season.

We need a bat? Yes, but at what price? Teams will be looking at Gilbert, Kirby or Miller. Are the M's willing to part with some of their strength.. IDK, it's a tough call.

Echawks

Reaction score
i mean if we are looking at projected rotations, castillo, kirby, gilbert, miller and woo.. we have hancock coming on like a freight train in the minors plus berroa who looks like a great back of the rotation pitcher.. i could def see someone overpaying for one of those 5 and we still have a surplus in the minors.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
i mean if we are looking at projected rotations, castillo, kirby, gilbert, miller and woo.. we have hancock coming on like a freight train in the minors plus berroa who looks like a great back of the rotation pitcher.. i could def see someone overpaying for one of those 5 and we still have a surplus in the minors.
True, but I'd hate to have to depend on someone currently in AA for our stretch run. Woo and Miller will be on innings counts in the 2d half. Both will probably be sent down for a week or so for a 'rest' cycle sometime in Aug/Sept to make sure they are available in Sep/Oct.

This year could be a limited one when it comes to the trade deadline. Lots of teams that might consider themselves 'buyers' that might not normally be thought so. We'll see. I'm not seeing the usual chatter about available vets who can swing a bat. Jerry has his work cut out for him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I doubt they get rid of Newly singed Castillo, they have already nixed Kirby.. I think if anyone,it's Giibert.

beastalamode

Reaction score
As much as I love our current rotation with miller, once robbie comes back next year we will have one too many starting pitchers. If we can move Gilbert, Miller, or Woo for the right price they definitely have to consider it.