What if Denver craps the bed

W

Welshers

That makes no sense.

You are a poser. Being a fake military member is a federal offense.
can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you are really that sensitive. he named himself after steve largent so hes clearly not trying to pose as military.

hoxrox

Reaction score
At worst the Broncos 1st round pick will be #20. Along with our #12. So, forget about trading up to get the #1 QB in next year's draft. There are other teams that are worse than us that have positioned themselves to move up for the #1 QB next year.
Assuming we get the 12th and 20th pick, that's enough trade value to jump to the 3rd or 4th overall pick, according to this chart.

They could package in more trade capital if they really wanted to grab the #1 or #2 spot.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't see Russ lighting it up this year like many people do. There are many factors which I believe will limit Denver's success this year: new team for Russ, new coaching staff for the ENTIRE team, worse weather, just as many if not more great pass rushers in his division. Denver's entire team is going to be adjusting to the coaching change. Add in the fact that Russ will be another year older and slower and I think we come away with a pretty good draft pick from Denver. I think they place last in the AFC West.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If you didn't serve in either the Army or Marine Corps change your name to Largent and lose the Sgt!!!

You are a poser. Being a fake military member is a federal offense.
Retired Marine here. Leave it alone. Putting "Sgt." in ones screen name does not equate to stolen valor or impersonating anything. Besides, there are other ways of earning that title.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well we know that RW tended to have problems in the rain, just wonder how he'll do in the snow?

I'd not be surprised if Denver doesn't have problems this season and finishes a whole lot worse than expectations.

Wilson will still want to get paid again and again.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you are really that sensitive. he named himself after steve largent so hes clearly not trying to pose as military.
It's obvious you never served in the Army infantry or Marine Corps. He names himself as Sgt. (which is a rank in the military if you didn't know) Largent.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Retired Marine here. Leave it alone. Putting "Sgt." in ones screen name does not equate to stolen valor or impersonating anything. Besides, there are other ways of earning that title.
I wouldn't use that screen name, even though I put in 6 years in the Marine Corps infantry and security forces. If he didn't have a smart a-- remark to my post I wouldn't have mentioned it. But, he wanted to throw rocks from a glass house. To each his own.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He might be seeing a lot more high-altitude Denver grass up-close and personal if they can't protect him.
I hope they put him on his back, and he's lookin at Denver sky, not grass!

Don't cry for Russ. He'll be just fine.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I ALWAYS hope Denver craps the bed. That has never changed for 40+ years.
This. And, honestly after the Manningcast shennanigans with Russ, and I watched and enjoyed the manningcasts - but that shit at the end of the season where no one was 'talking about the 800 pound deal already done in the room' on his last mannincast appearance.

Honestly - Russ and the Mannings can go pound sand. And, they can get their smug faces off the Caesar betting ads.

And, Denver can suck it. What a bunch of crap -

RunDownhill

Reaction score
This. And, honestly after the Manningcast shennanigans with Russ, and I watched and enjoyed the manningcasts - but that shit at the end of the season where no one was 'talking about the 800 pound deal already done in the room' on his last mannincast appearance.

Honestly - Russ and the Mannings can go pound sand. And, they can get their smug faces off the Caesar betting ads.

And, Denver can suck it. What a bunch of crap -
I'm torn. I really like Russ as a QB and person, but I want Denver to have a bad season.

GemCity

Reaction score
Retired E-9…you can call me Chief. But anyways, there are Russ haters. I’m not talking about the factual criticism he gets. But, in this forum. Bringing up his brand, his wife…

I’m excited for the change. But, I don’t think for one sec that Russ has fallen off to the point where he won’t be effective. With that said, he’s in what many consider to be the toughest division.

One major intangible here…the system. Like, running into a stacked box (8-9 defenders) 13 times against what was arguably the leagues top run defense. Im pretty sure Russ got sick of that.

He’s not without flaws….but whoever wants to take me up on Denver’s W/L vs our W/L over the next 2, maybe 3 years, let me know. I’ll gladly take your cash.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm torn. I really like Russ as a QB and person, but I want Denver to have a bad season.
I hope they both suck ass - and ya, I'm being petty - and I'm OK with that.

Bye Bye Russ. Watch your knees behind that line dude!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russ has his weaknesses. And he certainly comes off as an insufferable pr*ck plenty of times. So yeah, his game has some holes.

But man, he also covers up for a lot of holes.

We are going to miss just how much Wilson made up for the reality that we went into games with some moronic gameplans or sometimes, seemingly no plan at all.

This next year there will be some growing pains and issues as he feels out how to play there with the guys he has. He won't be near as great as we remember for that reason.
The idea that we will be better or even close to as good is laughable though.

This entire thread is the kind of thing that losing fans do. Wishing for other people to fall in the race because they know they can no longer win anything - so all they have to cling to is hoping for others to fail.

I used to see Dolphins, Bengals, and Browns fans do this. Now we are one of those huh? Well it makes sense. Not even sure I saw 49ers fans do this at their nadir though.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
The marriage between Russ and the Seahawks needed to come to an end. I think it worked out great for both parties. We now have two legit 10-year OTs, an amazing RB, we doubled up on CB, and OLB. Great draft for the rebuild.

IMO, this is an exciting time for the Seahawks fan base.

GemCity

Reaction score
The marriage between Russ and the Seahawks needed to come to an end. I think it worked out great for both parties. We now have two legit 10-year OTs, an amazing RB, we doubled up on CB, and OLB. Great draft for the rebuild.

IMO, this is an exciting time for the Seahawks fan base.
Yep yep! Exciting times ahead.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
Russ has his weaknesses. And he certainly comes off as an insufferable pr*ck plenty of times. So yeah, his game has some holes.

But man, he also covers up for a lot of holes.

We are going to miss just how much Wilson made up for the reality that we went into games with some moronic gameplans or sometimes, seemingly no plan at all.

This next year there will be some growing pains and issues as he feels out how to play there with the guys he has. He won't be near as great as we remember for that reason.
The idea that we will be better or even close to as good is laughable though.

This entire thread is the kind of thing that losing fans do. Wishing for other people to fall in the race because they know they can no longer win anything - so all they have to cling to is hoping for others to fail.

I used to see Dolphins, Bengals, and Browns fans do this. Now we are one of those huh? Well it makes sense. Not even sure I saw 49ers fans do this at their nadir though.
While I agree there is a some petty wishes that Russ fails because he ditched Seattle…..but we DO have a vested interest in Denver’s failure to perform next season. The worse they do the better the picks are we have of theirs. 😁😁😁. 0-17 Baby! Make it happen Russ! 😂🤣🤣😂

Scout

Reaction score
I like Denver's defense a lot as that is the strength of their team. The duo of Williams and Gordon are more than capable. The problem is that Denver's offense isn't built to be in shoot outs even though they have a talented WR group. Throw in new coaches and new schemes and there will be some time adjustment needed. Wilson's job is to provide enough explosive plays early on to give Denver leads so their defense can play aggressively. And then the Broncos offense pound teams with the two big backs in Williams and Gordon.

The other teams in Denver's division can light them up very quickly on the score board. And while as talented as Denver's defense is they can be overwhelmed if the Bronco's offense fails to sustain drives early in games. Complimentary football is very important in that division with Mahomes, Carr, and Herbert.