What if Denver craps the bed

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't want Denver to tank out of spite for Russ. Not at all.

I want them to tank for the sake of our draft position.

toffee

Reaction score
If they craps the bed, we won't have to trade up to grab a franchise QB!!!

And they just might as their OL gave 2.4 sec to their QBs, same as what ours gave Russ last season, no better.

toffee

Reaction score
Russ has a better o-line in Denver than he ever had here. His WRs and Rb are legit talents, and I'm sure he will put up MVP numbers with a head coach that wants to lean on his offense.

At worst the Broncos 1st round pick will be #20. Along with our #12. So, forget about trading up to get the #1 QB in next year's draft. There are other teams that are worse than us that have positioned themselves to move up for the #1 QB next year.
Statistically, their OL provided the same pocket time as ours, except our QB enjoyed holding the ball and suffered more QB pressure. We shall see if Bronco's OL ranking go up or down in a year. My $$ on their OL's ranking will drop, why? because the QB pressure % and sacks will go up.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
Statistically, their OL provided the same pocket time as ours, except our QB enjoyed holding the ball and suffered more QB pressure. We shall see if Bronco's OL ranking go up or down in a year. My $$ on their OL's ranking will drop, why? because the QB pressure % and sacks will go up.
I would put my money on that as well. Other little things factor in as well. Russ never seemed interested in improving his skill at the the #1 play for slowing down a pass rush. The screen pass. Take away screen passes and I'd bet any OL's ranking would drop.

Something I could be wrong on but my recollection is that Wilson seemed far less effective when playing at or near freezing temps. Could just be the Minnesota playoff game coloring my memory. Is passer rating in weather conditions a stat that can be tracked?

toffee

Reaction score
I would put my money on that as well. Other little things factor in as well. Russ never seemed interested in improving his skill at the the #1 play for slowing down a pass rush. The screen pass. Take away screen passes and I'd bet any OL's ranking would drop.

Something I could be wrong on but my recollection is that Wilson seemed far less effective when playing at or near freezing temps. Could just be the Minnesota playoff game coloring my memory. Is passer rating in weather conditions a stat that can be tracked?
We shall see, but blocking for Russ is kind of different I think, he did step into the pocket but most of the time he goes backwards.

W

Welshers

It's obvious you never served in the Army infantry or Marine Corps. He names himself as Sgt. (which is a rank in the military if you didn't know) Largent.
I'm very aware what a Sgt is but you're acting like he's claiming to be one which is obviously false. Calling that stolen Valor is insane. Anyone with a bit of logical reasoning can see that his screen name is about Steve Largent. Are you really that sensitive over three letters when you know the intent? Wow. Snowflake.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Broncos floor with Russ, barring injury, is 10 wins. Ceiling is super bowl but I doubt they make the super bowl.
Will Russ get sacked? Sure but he will also be great and make amazing plays as well.

Jac

Reaction score
I'm very aware what a Sgt is but you're acting like he's claiming to be one which is obviously false. Calling that stolen Valor is insane. Anyone with a bit of logical reasoning can see that his screen name is about Steve Largent. Are you really that sensitive over three letters when you know the intent? Wow. Snowflake.

I'm pretty sure there was a Sergeant Largent poster when I was a kid in the 80's. I couldn't find it online, but I found his "Honorably Discharged" full dress uniform Blue Angels one.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Other little things factor in as well. Russ never seemed interested in improving his skill at the the #1 play for slowing down a pass rush. The screen pass. Take away screen passes and I'd bet any OL's ranking would drop.
My opinion is Russ struggled with the screen pass because of his height/throwing motion being over the top as opposed to 3/4 arm. The result is his screen passes floated far too long especially in congested quarters with quickly closing D-lineman and waiting-to-block O-linemen. When the Hawks tried running a screen pass it seemed that an INT was about to happen. It hasn't been an effective play call for the offense for the past 10 years. I blame Russ. lol

Palmegranite

Reaction score
My opinion is Russ struggled with the screen pass because of his height/throwing motion being over the top as opposed to 3/4 arm. The result is his screen passes floated far too long especially in congested quarters with quickly closing D-lineman and waiting-to-block O-linemen. When the Hawks tried running a screen pass it seemed that an INT was about to happen. It hasn't been an effective play call for the offense for the past 10 years. I blame Russ. lol
Somehow, incredibly, Russ worked with this tragic handicap and, lucky for us fans, QB'd the Seahawks to a 105-55-1 W-L-T record since 2012.

Own The West

Reaction score
We shall see, but blocking for Russ is kind of different I think, he did step into the pocket but most of the time he goes backwards.
Ugh! This triggered me. I always felt bad for those tackles who were running their guy around the pocket and then SURPRISE! Here comes Russ running into their path. What do you do? If you continue the block it's a hold, and if you let go it's a sack...

I guess 1st and 20 is better than 2nd and 20, but kinda s***ty that that goes against the OL.

toffee

Reaction score
Ugh! This triggered me. I always felt bad for those tackles who were running their guy around the pocket and then SURPRISE! Here comes Russ running into their path. What do you do? If you continue the block it's a hold, and if you let go it's a sack...

I guess 1st and 20 is better than 2nd and 20, but kinda s***ty that that goes against the OL.
I recall Duane Brown complained about it right after he joined the Hawks, it takes different skill and approach to block for Russ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

There's a reason that quarterbacks are taught not to pirouette backwards out of the pocket like drunk ballerinas?

Go figure.