What if Denver craps the bed

balakoth

Reaction score
*Shhhh. You’ll upset the #IHATERUSS crowd.
Nah I hope they inject some logic in the "IT WAS THE OLINE" crew... like you and him.
Ignore stats, ignore basic facts... but keep treading the same lame ass water

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russ has a better o-line in Denver than he ever had here. His WRs and Rb are legit talents, and I'm sure he will put up MVP numbers with a head coach that wants to lean on his offense.
Ahh yes, the feared RB tandem of a cast off Melvin Gordon and Davonte Williams who had 400 yards and 4 TD's last year.

Of all the Russell narratives I can't wait to explode in Hawk fan's faces, it's this one. IF ONLY WE COULD HAVE SURROUNDERED RUSSELL WITH MORE TALENT AND GOOD COACHING!!

Lynch, Baldwin, Tate, DK, Lockett, Graham, Carson, Rice, Harvin, two all pro LT's and four coordinators.

All this organization did for a decade was surround Russell with talent, so much so that he's on his way to the Hall of Fame. But yeah, I'm sure NOW he'll really be super amazing in Denver.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
We went 12-4 in 2020, and all it took was Russell getting hurt to turn the Hawks into a top 10 draft lottery team.

So yes, it's very possible the Broncos struggle and Russell continues to get dinged up. Especially in the AFC West, where even with Russell the Broncos are the 3rd or 4th best team in their own division.
And he plays against Chandler Jones twice a year still. Jones has sacked him more than anyone else but switching teams won’t save him!

GemCity

Reaction score
Nah I hope they inject some logic in the "IT WAS THE OLINE" crew... like you and him.
Ignore stats, ignore basic facts... but keep treading the same lame ass water
Lol. K.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Russ will continue to get sacked on average 2.7 times/game... that's his career average thus far. That's a projection of 46 sacks over a 17-game season. Denver's Oline is not that much better than Seattle's. Last year, Seattle yielded 46 sacks and Denver gave up 40.

Now let's look at the pass rushers in the AFC West. There's Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby with the Raiders. There's Joey Bosa and Jerry Tillery with the Chargers. And there's Chris Jones, Frank Clark and rookie George Karlaftis with the Chiefs.

I believe that the Broncos will finish 9-8 or 8-9 next year if Russ stays healthy.
I wonder how much time the lines gave the qbs. I think that’s a better indicator of how good an oline is.

94Smith

Reaction score
As a niner fan, I waited 10 years for Russ to have a (non career threatening) injury so we didn't have to play him and you guys suddenly think he is going to have injuries in consecutive seasons? He is no Garoppolo

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Ahh yes, the feared RB tandem of a cast off Melvin Gordon and Davonte Williams who had 400 yards and 4 TD's last year.

Of all the Russell narratives I can't wait to explode in Hawk fan's faces, it's this one. IF ONLY WE COULD HAVE SURROUNDERED RUSSELL WITH MORE TALENT AND GOOD COACHING!!

Lynch, Baldwin, Tate, DK, Lockett, Graham, Carson, Rice, Harvin, two all pro LT's and four coordinators.

All this organization did for a decade was surround Russell with talent, so much so that he's on his way to the Hall of Fame. But yeah, I'm sure NOW he'll really be super amazing in Denver.
Davonte Williams only had 400 yards discredits everything you said after that.

Get your facts straight, before trying to debate me.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Odds are super low that the Broncos pick is anything higher than a mid twenties pick.

As a devoted Hawks fan, I will root for Denver to go winless. Not out of hate for Russ, but out of a desire to inflate the value of the picks.

I just can’t see it happening. I would expect Russ to explode in September/October the way he exploded in early 2020.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Davonte Williams only had 400 yards discredits everything you said after that.

Get your facts straight, before trying to debate me.

Sorry 900 yards.

Your "more talent" statement is still flimsy at best. The Broncos have a very young nucleus of potential at the skill positions, one of which they just traded to us.

So sorry, your statement holds no water until they prove it.........and you're ABSOLUTELY flat out wrong about the talent Russell's had in Seattle. Most inaccurate narrative of this god forsaken forum.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Sorry 900 yards.

Your "more talent" statement is still flimsy at best. The Broncos have a very young nucleus of potential at the skill positions, one of which they just traded to us.

So sorry, your statement holds no water until they prove it.........and you're ABSOLUTELY flat out wrong about the talent Russell's had in Seattle. Most inaccurate narrative of this god forsaken forum.
Seahawks have more talent at WR. Broncos have more talent at offensive line.

A good QB can make lessor WR look good.

A bad offensive line will crush a legit QB.

Wilson was enroute to a MVP season a couple of years ago until Pete put the cuffs on Wilson.

AND....

If you didn't serve in either the Army or Marine Corps change your name to Largent and lose the Sgt!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Russ has a better o-line in Denver than he ever had here. His WRs and Rb are legit talents, and I'm sure he will put up MVP numbers with a head coach that wants to lean on his offense.

At worst the Broncos 1st round pick will be #20. Along with our #12. So, forget about trading up to get the #1 QB in next year's draft. There are other teams that are worse than us that have positioned themselves to move up for the #1 QB next year.
By what metric are they better?

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
That makes no sense.

You are a poser. Being a fake military member is a federal offense.

Seahawks have more talent at WR. Broncos have more talent at offensive line.

A good QB can make lessor WR look good.

A bad offensive line will crush a legit QB.

Wilson was enroute to a MVP season a couple of years ago until Pete put the cuffs on Wilson.

AND....

If you didn't serve in either the Army or Marine Corps change your name to Largent and lose the Sgt!!!
Left out running back this time I see. And I can't speak for anyone else who served, but I couldn't care less what somebody names themselves on a message board.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You're wrong; there is one. But it's very small, and has long been led by IndyHawk, who has at least been honest about it and up-front.
It's much bigger than very small tbh..At first it was a few but after the last 2 seasons
it blew up!
I was a big Russ fan for until that second SB season then I started watching him like a
Hawk and I'm seeing things that really started to bother me.
I tried to suppress it for a while but the "truth sets you free" they say.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Left out running back this time I see. And I can't speak for anyone else who served, but I couldn't care less what somebody names themselves on a message board.
The Broncos also had better RBs than the Seahawks.

Well, not all former military members feel the same. If I was former Coast Garud, Navy, or Air Force then yeah whatever. I don't like when civilians put on military uniforms and act like they are legit. Nor do I like co-works walk around with camouflaged rucksacks because they think it looks cool. For me you need to earn that. So, respect what others have been tested and earned the title of Marine or Army Solider.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
The Broncos also had better RBs than the Seahawks.

Well, not all former military members feel the same. If I was former Coast Garud, Navy, or Air Force then yeah whatever. I don't like when civilians put on military uniforms and act like they are legit. Nor do I like co-works walk around with camouflaged rucksacks because they think it looks cool. For me you need to earn that. So, respect what others have been tested and earned the title of Marine or Army Solider.
Well, totally disagree with your football comments, but I can respect how you personally feel about military titles being used on a message board, as it definitely is your right to express your opinion (that's what message boards are for, right?).

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Well, totally disagree with your football comments, but I can respect how you personally feel about military titles being used on a message board, as it definitely is your right to express your opinion (that's what message boards are for, right?).
I'm cool with having civil debates on football stuff. I enjoy civil debates on roster building or Seahawks stuff. If I get a smart remark, I tend come back at that person with the same heat. My personal issue with that and military service. My bad. Sorry for lashing out.

W

Welshers

They are in the best division in football so I think it's feasible they don't end up with a great record. I also happen to think Russ's best days may be behind him. We shall see. I am hoping for them to lose so we get a good pick from them.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm cool with having civil debates on football stuff. I enjoy civil debates on roster building or Seahawks stuff. If I get a smart remark, I tend come back at that person with the same heat. My personal issue with that and military service. My bad. Sorry for lashing out.
All good! The board has had ups and downs the last couple of years with content, so civil football discussions are most welcome.