Seattle Mariners @ NY Yankees Aug 1-4

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
At the beginning of the 14-game win streak, it seemed like the light went on in the minds of some of our batters. That needs to happen again.
Yep they need like 3 guys getting hot at the same time.
Hard to do with your 2 best hitters out though.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Looks like we have a rain delay. Pulling tarps now, but still storms in the area.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Suarez goes yard with Winker on. 2-0 M's. Good start.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm surprised more talk hasn't come out about how they magically threw right at Julio and put him on the IL. I mean, the very first batter the next game, the M's throw at Altuve.
that......was..........awesome
I don’t like this take. Watch the replay. If it weren’t for Julio swinging, he probably doesn’t get hit. It was an inside pitch and Julio swung his wrist into it. I thought throwing at Altuve’s head was stupid, just lucky it didn’t start another mess like what happened against the Angels. Don’t think there was any intent to hit or hurt Julio.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice move Yanks on the double steal attempt. :LOL: Now Rizzo comes up with the bases clear in the 4th. :)

Great defense on it, too.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice move Yanks on the double steal attempt. :LOL: Now Rizzo comes up with the bases clear in the 4th. :)

Great defense on it, too.
I also liked how Gilbert didn’t give into Judge, pretty sure he was up on the count 0-2 and still walked him. We definitely caught a break on that steal attempt though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Santana with the 2 run double to raise the lead to 6-3.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Good 5th inning. Expand the lead in the top, shut them down in the bottom. Was worried about that one hit to right. Off the bat it looked like trouble, but Frazier caught it on the warning track. 3 up, 3 down.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Gilbert gets cocky. Chucking fastballs down the heart of the plate.

Ruminator

Reaction score
For the most part, Santana has not been the type of hitter I was hoping he'd be. Been infuriating to watch the last few weeks. Tons of strike-outs, fly-outs, and pop-outs. Sigh!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
For the most part, Santana has not been the type of hitter I was hoping he'd be. Been infuriating to watch the last few weeks. Tons of strike-outs, fly-outs, and pop-outs. Sigh!
I think he gives us pretty nice MLB at bats. He was never going to be the guy he was in his prime, but for the most part he can make the pitchers work and hit some HRs. He was the main reason we swept Toronto, think he won us like two of those games on his own.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Well M's will have at least a one run lead going into bottom of 9th. Somehow they are competing without Jrod and France.