Colorado Rockies @ Seattle Mariners Apr 14-16

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh my God.

Is Kelenic the best player on this team right now?

It sure looks like it to me, and I never thought I'd be saying that in a million years.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Oh my God.

Is Kelenic the best player on this team right now?

It sure looks like it to me, and I never thought I'd be saying that in a million years.
I am surprised too. Never thought the change he made would impact immediately.

Time to wrap it up for a sweep! Let's go!

NoGain

Reaction score
can we please get a DH.. why did we let Cron go?
I second the motion. There's always going to be that we-should-have-gotten-some-more-bat this past off season in the back of peoples' minds.

Echawks

Reaction score
Back to 500.. After how this season started they look to get getting back to good defense

NoGain

Reaction score
Castillo and Kelenic! A winning combo.
JK with a 10 game hitting streak and he’s hitting lefties as well. 👍
He looked like such a psychological mess at the plate the last couple of seasons I wondered if he'd ever get back on his pedigree track. That was as good and as clutch of a catch he made today as there is. I just want to see how he handles his next few dry periods which will surely come. That will be the big test for me. It would be great if he continues to emerge as the player we hoped he'd be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He looked like such a psychological mess at the plate the last couple of seasons I wondered if he'd ever get back on his pedigree track. That was as good and as clutch of a catch he made today as there is. I just want to see how he handles his next few dry periods which will surely come. That will be the big test for me. It would be great if he continues to emerge as the player we hoped he'd be.
Agree. Confidence is a dangerous thing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And just like that........back at .500
I was yelling at my TV yesterday. Back to back inning ending double plays with 2 on. Then a guy on 3rd and they get a K and two pop flies in the infield. Maddening to say the least. But, Castillo is RIDICULOUS.
In his last 24.2 innings, he has giving up 2 earned runs, 11 hits total. 26 K's and only 4 walks. His ERA on the season is .73
A lot of people freaked out that the M's "gave up too much"

Nah, that trade was a steal for the M's. Plus, they got him on an extension.
Also, Castillo is clearly getting the Felix/Randy/Garcia treatment. Pitch an absolute gem, and get little to no run support. This has been going on for decades. Extremely frustrating. Very happy for the win, but very sick of the inconsistent offense. Then again, they went from 1-4 to 8-8, so they got out of the gut punch slump.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Right now, it looks to me that he's hitting lefties better than righties.

I agree. He's checked off most of the boxes this season. The one thing he needs to do now is to survive a slump. It's inevitable and happens to every hitter. If he can get through a dry spell and not turn it into a month-long anger fest, he will have truly arrived.

For now though, gotta love what JK is doing. (y)

bileever

Reaction score
I give Kelenic a lot of credit for putting in the work this off-season, retooling his swing and committing himself to a different approach. Everyone talks about it, but he actually did it. Has there ever been any MLB player who bounced back from as bad a start as he had to his career? BA of .181 and .141 for his first two years? Most teams would not have brought him back. I could have seen the Mariners deciding to keep Kyle Lewis and getting rid of Kelenic.

As for Kolten Wong, it's unlikely he's fallen off a cliff, and I hope he gets out his slump soon. It reminds me of that horrible stretch that Chris Davis went through when he was 0 for 54, setting a record in the process. Of course, in Davis's case, it ended up being a career-ender. But I looked it up, and there have been plenty of bad month-long slumps by good players like Roger Maris (.082, 0 HR in 1959), Aaron Judge (.130), and Paul Goldschmidt (.116).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I give Kelenic a lot of credit for putting in the work this off-season, retooling his swing and committing himself to a different approach. Everyone talks about it, but he actually did it. Has there ever been any MLB player who bounced back from as bad a start as he had to his career? BA of .181 and .141 for his first two years? Most teams would not have brought him back. I could have seen the Mariners deciding to keep Kyle Lewis and getting rid of Kelenic.

As for Kolten Wong, it's unlikely he's fallen off a cliff, and I hope he gets out his slump soon. It reminds me of that horrible stretch that Chris Davis went through when he was 0 for 54, setting a record in the process. Of course, in Davis's case, it ended up being a career-ender. But I looked it up, and there have been plenty of bad month-long slumps by good players like Roger Maris (.082, 0 HR in 1959), Aaron Judge (.130), and Paul Goldschmidt (.116).

The encouraging thing for me about JK is he is hitting the ball up the middle and to opposite field. His opposite field homerun tonight was a thing of beauty. His approach this year is like a left handed fast Edgar Martinez. Not saying he is like Edgar, just that his approach “so far” Is Edgar like.

Latest posts