Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Sep 23-25

sutz

Reaction score
First game, first pitch at 5:10 pm PDT

B. Singer(9-4, 3.07 ERA)M. Gonzales(10-14, 4.01 ERA)
Another series we should win. We need to remember how to score runs in more than one inning per game.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Winning this series would be nice especially after losing the last two. Hope today's win vs Oakland means they're getting their groove back and are big-time turning what has been friggin' frustrating corner. The resulting momentum would bode well in our chances to win some PLAYOFF GAMES!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Horrible last 2 AB’s that inning with Santana on 3rd. JK swings at ball 4 that almost hits him in the front leg, and Winker takes strike 3 center cut right down the middle.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Horrible last 2 AB’s that inning with Santana on 3rd. JK swings at ball 4 that almost hits him in the front leg, and Winker takes strike 3 center cut right down the middle.
That series was so hard to watch. I think Wink just closes his eyes up there and hopes for a wall. That ball was straight down the middle.

Watching Marco and Wink is getting tiresome. Two vets who I’d be okay not seeing anymore once playoffs come around.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
That series was so hard to watch. I think Wink just closes his eyes up there and hopes for a wall. That ball was straight down the middle.

Watching Marco and Wink is getting tiresome. Two vets who I’d be okay not seeing anymore once playoffs come around.
I mean marco had 3 errors behind him.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

You should probably be more upset at your Superstar in mitch who has not homered in almost 4 weeks. He also is batting under .170 in the last 35 plus games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You should probably be more upset at your Superstar in mitch who has not homered in almost 4 weeks. He also is batting under .170 in the last 35 plus games.
I’m pretty sure Mitch is still hurt, but yes there is plenty of blame to go around.

Chapow

Reaction score
And the trend continues.

Guess we just have to hope for O's losses from here on out so we can meekly limp into the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Excuses then for some players compared to others.
Mitch at least plays a good RF and outside of this latest stretch, has been a very good hitter.

Outside of that one month before the all star break, Wink has basically been a sub .200 hitter. Is probably the worst corner OF I’ve seen, and on top of that has no power. He has now managed to have a lower slugging than his on base. He’s basically a designated hitter who’s only positive quality is walking.

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around, but Wink deserves plenty. Obviously he is going to get some PT with the injuries, but once Julio is back, and assuming JK can contribute, there is no need for him.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Mitch at least plays a good RF and outside of this latest stretch, has been a very good hitter.

Outside of that one month before the all star break, Wink has basically been a sub .200 hitter. Is probably the worst corner OF I’ve seen, and on top of that has no power. He has now managed to have a lower slugging than his on base. He’s basically a designated hitter who’s only positive quality is walking.

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around, but Wink deserves plenty. Obviously he is going to get some PT with the injuries, but once Julio is back, and assuming JK can contribute, there is no need for him.
I've been wondering why Haggerty or Moore aren't starting in front of Winker. 🤷‍♂️

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've been wondering why Haggerty or Moore aren't starting in front of Winker. 🤷‍♂️
You are right, he really shouldn’t even be playing with Moore healthy and JK called back up.

I don’t see how he helps the team. I understand he walks, but you can’t DH a guy who isn’t hitting. And after his blunder on Wednesdays game, I don’t think Servais will put him in the field again.