For those thinking we ever changed anything for Wilson think again.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Out of your 6,000+ posts man, I'm willing to bet 50% are about Wilson. No one is denying that, he was a great qb and got this franchise pretty far HOWEVER his best and the teams most successful seasons came when he played as PART OF THE TEAM and not looking to cook and air mail the balls. He as a member of the TEAM has done a lot for the franchise, he's a talented player. He's gone. He became about him not the team. And when he "cooked" his ego and everything in it was blown up.

Pretty telling when your "beloved" franchise Qb gets traded to a former rival that not a single person on this team Past or present said "goodbye" or "good luck" and DK's only thing to Russ wasn't even football related. Hell the media for the most part in the PNW didn't panic or shed a tear like you have been. Bobby? More players (and media) past and present were vocal about Bobby than Russ. NOT even any criticism from former and current teammates about the trade.

If that doesn't throw red flags, it was after the trade for me with the press conference of Pete's little "rant" about getting away from his philosophy was more than enough. I definitely took that as Petes weird coach speak for he wanted to keep Russ, but Russ wasn't buying in anymore and Pete's done enough already to aid Wilson. ... And we all know when one player takes up a LARGE percent of your cap, you're going to be hard-pressed to get exactly what they want.

Russell is the person who doesn't want to look or be presented in bad light. He's the school kiss ass who will snitch on you in a second then be buddy-buddy to your face while holding the knife behind his back. Russell is the Jan Brady crying about "why not me" "marsha marsha marsh" (Tom Tom Tom)

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Out of your 6,000+ posts man, I'm willing to bet 50% are about Wilson. No one is denying that, he was a great qb and got this franchise pretty far HOWEVER his best and the teams most successful seasons came when he played as PART OF THE TEAM and not looking to cook and air mail the balls. He as a member of the TEAM has done a lot for the franchise, he's a talented player. He's gone. He became about him not the team. And when he "cooked" his ego and everything in it was blown up.

Pretty telling when your "beloved" franchise Qb gets traded to a former rival that not a single person on this team Past or present said "goodbye" or "good luck" and DK's only thing to Russ wasn't even football related. Hell the media for the most part in the PNW didn't panic or shed a tear like you have been. Bobby? More players (and media) past and present were vocal about Bobby than Russ. NOT even any criticism from former and current teammates about the trade.

If that doesn't throw red flags, it was after the trade for me with the press conference of Pete's little "rant" about getting away from his philosophy was more than enough. I definitely took that as Petes weird coach speak for he wanted to keep Russ, but Russ wasn't buying in anymore and Pete's done enough already to aid Wilson. ... And we all know when one player takes up a LARGE percent of your cap, you're going to be hard-pressed to get exactly what they want.

Russell is the person who doesn't want to look or be presented in bad light. He's the school kiss ass who will snitch on you in a second then be buddy-buddy to your face while holding the knife behind his back. Russell is the Jan Brady crying about "why not me" "marsha marsha marsh" (Tom Tom Tom)
Nailed it, teammates' reactions or lack of spoke volume.

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually, I don't. In fact, when I first joined this forum I did not talk much about Wilson. However all the vitriol and in some cases exaggerations, kind of brought out the underdog rooter in me. Truth be told my favorite Seahawk is not even Wilson. My favorite all-time is Largeant. My favorite current, well as last year was Wagner. This year given Wagner is gone not sure yet. Leaning toward Diggs. I just don't like it when people pick on others and use untruths to do it. If you look in the game forum I have said when he made emistakes. The problem is people in hear decided a long time ago before there were Wilson lover labels and such that if you say anything good about him you suck.

The reality is I know he is not perfect and still has things to work on, the difference is I know all players do even Brady and Rodgers. Btu some here act like it is only Wilson. Exmaple someone on here said he never throws to Tes, yet if you look 20% of his passes go to the TE, and guess what that's the same as Mahomes who is one of the best TEs.

You want to say he could throw more to Tes, okay I might actually agree, you want to say he misses people short middle sometimes. I might agree, but nope they say he never hits short middle which is wrong. FYI if you watch enough games you will all WBs miss open guys short middle, Brady, Rodgers etc.

So there it is, and now in 3-2-1
It's Largent Mr. Favorite player who also is no longer here..........

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
It's Largent Mr. Favorite player who also is no longer here..........
A typical person on the forum can't find anything else to complain about so you complain about a typo. how pathetic. I am sorry for you.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It’s funny when OP gets handed facts or intelligent reasoning he refuses to acknowledge that he might be wrong and then says it doesn’t matter anymore because Wilson isn’t a Seahawk.

Yet every thread OP creates is continuing to push the narrative on Wilson. For instance, I posted in his DK thread, a post I put quality effort into, then realized after the fact that the thread wasn’t even about DK, it was really about Wilson.

To OP, Ashton moved on with her life, you should too.

toffee

Reaction score
It’s funny when OP gets handed facts or intelligent reasoning he refuses to acknowledge that he might be wrong and then says it doesn’t matter anymore because Wilson isn’t a Seahawk.

Yet every thread OP creates is continuing to push the narrative on Wilson. For instance, I posted in his DK thread, a post I put quality effort into, then realized after the fact that the thread wasn’t even about DK, it was really about Wilson.

So nailed it Pandion, it's more than just love for our dear friend, it's an OBSESSION.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score

Hmm intersection my post on DJ was about his stats through forst 3 years, with no mention of Wilson. As to the rest of your post, always great to here half a truth or story like you posted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm intersection my post on DJ was about his stats through forst 3 years, with no mention of Wilson. As to the rest of your post, always great to here half a truth or story like you posted.
That would be DK.......... and you want us to take you seriously, can't spell your favorite all time Seahawks name, now can't even figure out how to type 2 letters. You're a special kind of ummm special.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
That would be DK.......... and you want us to take you seriously, can't spell your favorite all time Seahawks name, now can't even figure out how to type 2 letters. You're a special kind of ummm special.
Yes agian with the need to worry about typos. Again I feel sorry for you and others who have nothing too offer so u play English nazis. You have my sympathy.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking that it's a job for OP and he's being paid to neutrelize any negativity towards Russ. How else to explain the mulitple defensive posts to any one slightly critical post? The context is even similiar to Russ's double speak at pressers. Deflect and spew partial facts, ignore or deny accountibiltiy.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The fact that Russ actually went thru the trouble to TRADEMARK "Let Russ Cook" is all you need to know about where his head was at. Adios little fella!

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
The fact that Russ actually went thru the trouble to TRADEMARK "Let Russ Cook" is all you need to know about where his head was at. Adios little fella!
LOl, you mean like 100s of other NFL players have TRADENAkred things nice try.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He wanted to be an MVP candidate every year, and that was never gonna happen in Seattle. It happened for half of one season, then they changed the play-calling. Both parties are better off he's in Denver, especially after he started making a substantial percentage of the cap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You still need balance. We threw the ball 40+ times in that Rams playoff loss. Carson ran the ball 15 times when the Rams weakness was run D? That was a recipe for disaster. It's too bad Russ wasn't good enough to win throwing 40+ times...
Yup, if you're passing it 40+ times, and having SUCCESS, no need to monkey with the formula BUT, if all you're throwing is haymakers and the Defender has your strategy figured out, & you ain't landing any knock-out punches, time to go back to body blows (pounding the ball) to soften up the competition.
It didn't matter what Pete, Bevell, Schotts, or Waldren all wanted Wilson to do, Wilson was going to do whatever the hell Wilson wanted to do, and sometimes he pulled off a win, and sometimes it blew up in Russ' face.
Really good Defenses stymie the hell out of Wilson, and that's why he ALWAYS had trouble playing against the Rams.
Anyone watch the Playoff game with Aaron Rodgers last season?, well, he did a hell of a LOT OF PASSING, and wound up LOSING the game, JUST LIKE RW did in the playoffs against the Dallas Boy Cows.
This old shit of quoting Pete saying that you can't win the game in the first three quarters, is PURPOSELY being taken out of context.
FACT, you don't count your baby chickens until the eggs hatch meaning in Football terms = >>> FOURTH QUARTER<<<, hell, that's something that even a 4th grader can easily enough figure out, eh?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I always hated it when we punted when we were on the opponents 30 yard line...so frustrating :)