For those thinking we ever changed anything for Wilson think again.

GemCity

Reaction score
Russ is chasing money and fame and did not choose Seattle. It was never Pete or Russ. Twisted is always ageist against Pete, but Pete shows no signs of slowing down while an aging QB sure is.

Maybe by some chance they did resign Wilson while his money continues to decimate the roster and we just keep seeing 3 and outs and no playoffs or limp into the playoffs and another 1st round 11/27 playoff exit performance.

'Dozens of teams' did not want RW either. That implies at least 24 teams did
You very well could be right. We’ll see what Denver does as they’ve stated they’re trying to shape the O around Russell’s strengths…whatever that means.

I’m not complaining. It was getting old.

I don’t blame Russ for wanting out.

“Dozens”….figure of speech…..Over the last two years, there have been more than 12 and that’s a good amount.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Russ is chasing money and fame and did not choose Seattle. It was never Pete or Russ. Twisted is always ageist against Pete, but Pete shows no signs of slowing down while an aging QB sure is.

Maybe by some chance they did resign Wilson while his money continues to decimate the roster and we just keep seeing 3 and outs and no playoffs or limp into the playoffs and another 1st round 11/27 playoff exit performance.

'Dozens of teams' did not want RW either. That implies at least 24 teams did
Seattle chose not to pay him $50 million per..Rightfully so

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I’ve moved on. I would’ve chose a franchise QB over Pete but, hey…

Pete and JS did a great job in this last draft. The future, regardless of the outcome, is as exciting as it’s ever been in recent years.

But don’t let sh***y Seattle fans change your opinion on a player. Dozens of teams wanted Russ and we got a good haul for him but folks here will tell you he sucked, isn’t a top tier player, blah blah blah. It also looks like 4 of Denver’s first 6 games are in prime time. That’s pretty damn good
for a team that hasn’t really done squat in several years (no need to tell anyone that teams like Detroit play in prime time…you’re slow if you don’t understand).

You’ve been spoiled and I suspect by week 5, your unfounded homerism will come to a grinding halt.

As I’m certain what the next two years mean, I’ll enjoy the process.
I DO NOT hate the guy, I believe that we got the best that Wilson had to offer, & I wish him well, BUT, as a loyal Seahawks fan, I wish Pete, (who is without question) the best HC TEAM constructor in Seahawks History & the entire Seahawks organization MORE success.
The way I see it, IF Russ was going to overcome /Come through in spite of the Coaching-> HE WOULD HAVE before now.
Pete taking on the blame for Wilson's shortcomings, when he's not playing TO EITHER of his Coaches desired schemes, but rather Doing it His Own Way for several years now?
Our first Lombardi-> To me, Pete has earned my Respect & Loyalty, and it's not even close.

toffee

Reaction score
I DO NOT hate the guy, I believe that we got the best that Wilson had to offer, & I wish him well, BUT, as a loyal Seahawks fan, I wish Pete, (who is without question) the best HC TEAM constructor in Seahawks History & the entire Seahawks organization MORE success.
The way I see it, IF Russ was going to overcome /Come through in spite of the Coaching-> HE WOULD HAVE before now.
Pete taking on the blame for Wilson's shortcomings, when he's not playing TO EITHER of his Coaches desired schemes, but rather Doing it His Own Way for several years now?
Our first Lombardi-> To me, Pete has earned my Respect & Loyalty, and it's not even close.
Russ' the best QB in Hawks' history.
Pete's the best HC in Hawks' history.

Russ' biggest fan boy is Pete Carroll.

We love them both.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Russ' the best QB in Hawks' history.
Pete's the best HC in Hawks' history.

Russ' biggest fan boy is Pete Carroll.

We love them both.
Agree. As fans, when you face a challenge such as this, you tend to look at it in a binary manner. It’s either A or B…not both.

I’m grateful for Russ and wish him luck (luck as in he has an incredible season but the Broncos lose every damn game 🤣🤣).

I wavered back and forth but, ultimately…the decision was made. With that, I’m stoked to see if JS and PC can pull this off again. If the draft is any indication, they’re off to a great start (imo).

Regardless of the outcome, I haven’t been this excited about an upcoming season since 2016’ish. That alone makes it worth it to me.

toffee

Reaction score
Agree. As fans, when you face a challenge such as this, you tend to look at it in a binary manner. It’s either A or B…not both.

I’m grateful for Russ and wish him luck (luck as in he has an incredible season but the Broncos lose every damn game 🤣🤣).

I wavered back and forth but, ultimately…the decision was made. With that, I’m stoked to see if JS and PC can pull this off again. If the draft is any indication, they’re off to a great start (imo).

Regardless of the outcome, I haven’t been this excited about an upcoming season since 2016’ish. That alone makes it worth it to me.
You and me both!! I couldn't agree with you more.

I advocated to trade Wilson during last off season, not out of hating on Russ but rather I believe Russ had decided to leave, that plus the relationship between Russ and Pete was dysfunctional. Both Russ and Pete should benefit from a fresh start, it would be intriguing to find out which one benefits more.

Latest posts